mtbr member

Where to ride in the cities?

I'm coming to Stillwater for Labor Day weekend to do some painting at my mom's place. I grew up there, and have lived all around the cities, but I didn't ride back then. Now I'm craving some of the Twin Cities trails, but I'll only have so much time to work with. Where should I go if I can only hit two, maybe three spots over the weekend?

Thanks

=========

leb - photo by the locust

I'm gonna say Lebanon Hills, but that's based on stuff I've heard from friends. The only twin cities riding experience I have is Homey Fall Fest and I think that was the drunkest I've ever been on a bike.....I think we rode the river bottoms......I remember a river, anyway.

You could check out the boards on planet MORC for the low down on Twin Cities trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That picture is of Murphy's skinny with a teeter at the end.

=========
    Good thing I posted the disclaimer

Witty McWitterson
    Leb and Murphy are going to be your best bet, though if you're in Stillwater, Battle Creek is a good option too. Leb gets by far the most traffic, Murphy is the newest, and can be kinda remote. I like it more though.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for the info. At least one day's of fun riding could be made of Leb and Murphy. I'll check out MORC too

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Leb and Murphy are going to be your best bet, though if you're in Stillwater, Battle Creek is a good option too. Leb gets by far the most traffic, Murphy is the newest, and can be kinda remote. I like it more though.
    Battle Creek is in St. Paul, east of Stillwater but still a ways drive (~20 miles), and Murphy is not new. It has been around for a while and it also is not remote.
    Last edited by the-one1; 08-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    afton would be fairly convenient from stillwater.
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

mtbr member
    I used to be a lift op at Afton What are the trails like there? I only snowboarded then...

Witty McWitterson
    reading comprehension much?

OP stated he's going to be in Stillwater. Hrm. That's on the EAST side of the metro area. As is St. Paul. Which, ironically is where Battle Creek is located.

And yes, Murph is new. I rode Murph in the bad old days of erosion and ridiculosity speeds. New Murph is light years better. And it is indeed remote in the context of the Metro are. When you're on the far end, you're not hearing much in terms of traffic, either air, or land based. Can't say that for Leb now, can you?
    Just a regular guy.