newb
    Dec 2008

Wheel and Sprocket Bike Show in Milwaukee

Anybody every been to the Wheel and Sprocket bike show in Milwaukee? How is it? I know its free. Do the allow other venders there or is it strictly a Wheel and Sprocket thing. I would like to go to a place to check out multipul bike manufactures at a time. Side by side comparison. Is this an option here?
    Thanks jredlin

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    As far as bikes go, it is just the brands wheel and sprocket carries. They do have reps from the companies there (i.e. lemond, Trek WSD reps, etc.) They also have clubs and event directors there (WORS, WDNR, bike tours, biking clubs, etc.). I go every year to sign up for WORS and to see if there is anything that I absolutely need. All in all, it is a pretty good show with deals to be had. Some deals are good, some are average, but you can completely get set up with all the gear you need.

mtbr member
    when/where is this taking place?
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    april 2-5, state fair park 84th and greenfield milwaukee.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm curious if the bike deals are any better than just going to the store. Also, are they more likely to take offers, especially come Sunday?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I know if you go to their stores now they are giving you the show price already. You may have to ask for it but I've bought a number of things and they gave me the show price.