=========

What's your favorite race venue in Wisconsin

I love Nine Mile for races.....what's your favorite race venue?

Bear

My favs.....

If I'm racing....Nine Mile. Love the combination of fast double track with really fun singletrack. The lack of hills doesn't hurt either!

Spectating/hosting....Blue Mound. I've helped run a 12 hour race at Blue Mound the last few years and never tire of hearing riders describe their experience on the course. Watching 12 hour riders roll in late in the day is like seeing the living dead.

New/Unknown.....Cam-Rock County Park. www.pitchblacksingletrack.blogspot.com. 3, 6, or 12 hours of racing in the dark. The course should be a good one.

Nuts
    Nine Mile is great but.... I really enjoyed the Wors race at Lowes Creek in Eau Claire last year. Also the Border Battle in River Falls is suppose to rock.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Kewaunee is a great place the last year they had it, good set up of course for spectators and racers.

mtbr member
    WORS Iola race rox. it's the only time u can legally ride a mtn bike there and it's a great place.
    that and the next race i'm in. i heart racing.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

No longer 26
    Iola, Nine Mile and love racing at Levis Trow. Rhinelander is pretty darn good too.
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    sheboygan... part of it is the atmosphere at the race, mostly its the course tho the equilizer rocks ur socks off!

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Live
    Iola, Nine Mile and love racing at Levis Trow. Rhinelander is pretty darn good too.
    G
    Rhinelander was pretty darn good, so rough I couldn't see straight for two weeks after it!! Can't wait till this year
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

The Underdown

The WEMS Underdown race in Merrill is easily my favorite race destination. The trail is nearly all singletrack and is gorgeous. Last year the new sections were a bit "fresh" and could have used more tread to pack the soil in. Aside from this, the rest of the trail is a blast.

The 2008 WEMS Levis Trow route was nice as well. The singletrack is amazing. However, there is a bit too much x country ski trail for my taste.

=========
    Wow! no votes for Chequamegon?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~gomez~
    werd. props to it. it's more festival/life experience than a race tho. who's goin?
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Chequamegon is fun to participate in and a cool event, but the trail (which is more road) is boring. I love the flowy singletrack of 9 Mile. 9 Mile gets my vote!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'd like to put in a vote for the Chippewa Valley Firecracker at Lowes Creek County Park. Fun event, fun course and a great local riders club.

The Fat Tire festival is a cool event, but I wouldn't call the course fun. Not to say it wasn't a tough and challenging course; just not what I would call fun. Riding mostly on wide grassy trails just isn't all that fun to me. To each his own, I guess.

I just passed you
    Course, no. It's the running of the bulls thing that makes it for me.

Another vote for Underdown. Hard with no relief. My kind of trail.
    Ride a decent line, won't ya!

Ballstein Models
    Blue Mounds State Park. I love it mostly because of the non locals whining about how tough and rocky it is.......

Sweep the leg!
    The trails for the Firecracker in Eau Claire were good from a spectator's perspective. My wife could go to multiple points without much effort to cheer for people. I like that course too.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hogprint
    Blue Mounds State Park. I love it mostly because of the non locals whining about how tough and rocky it is.......
    I'm a non local and I like how tough and rocky blue mound is. I mean, if it were just like John Muir, Levis Mound or Lowes Creek, why bother going?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    When are the HPT trails in La Crosse going to get into the WORS. They would hold a sick race, plus LaX is sweet.

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaXCarp
    When are the HPT trails in La Crosse going to get into the WORS. They would hold a sick race, plus LaX is sweet.

While I liked the HPT for WiSSSC the other year, I don't think a WORS event would go off well. While I dig doing WORS, I think there'd be a lot of whining about how the trails are too hard.

I don't remember there being much in the way of parking area and stuff for the whole "WORS experience"

Besides, WEMS is a good gig for the HPT.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    Underdown for the win. Always rainy, always cold. Always a challenge. Although, I am partial to Muir, feels like my "home field"

mtbr member
    Blue Mound Rocks !!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered
    While I liked the HPT for WiSSSC the other year, I don't think a WORS event would go off well. While I dig doing WORS, I think there'd be a lot of whining about how the trails are too hard.

I don't remember there being much in the way of parking area and stuff for the whole "WORS experience"

Besides, WEMS is a good gig for the HPT.
    Ditto. I agree completely. In fact, I believe there was whining about aerobic difficulty level when there was a WORS race in LaCrosse at Bluebird Springs campground...that's partly why that event doesn't exist any more.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    lake geneva tread fest or the subaru cup my morris

mtbr member
    Iola...great course, first WORS race of the season is always exciting.
    River Falls...amazing trails built in a short amount of time, fun to mix it up with the MN folks
    Mt. Morris...great weekend with the DH, short track, and TT events, awesome trails.
    HPT Wems race...best technical course in the state.
    All of the venues have something to offer, those are just a few of my favorites.

mtbr member
    I sure do like my trails in River Falls, thanks Matt and Nick. Not happy that they decided to have a race there on such new trails. Gotta get to Lowe's Creek this summer.