Roc
    mtbr member

West Bend Ice Age Trail?

Does anybody know if the West Bend Ice Age Trail is open? I think it's called the Ice age trail?

A Midwesterner in Europe
    Sep 2004
    The Ice Age Trail is mainly a hiking trail.

You might be thinking of Glacial Hills Park (Beaver Damn Road and HWY 45). There are some mtb trails in the park and there you can ride some parts of the Ice Age Trail.

Last time I was there was years ago so I have no idea if you can still mtb. there or not.

mtbr member
    They are definitely open: Spring Passion in WI/MN!

I don't know what condition they are in after all of the rain this weekend.

Witty McWitterson
    Thought one couldn't ride on the Ice Age?
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Blue Hills Conservancy is a park in West Bend with MTB trails, that the ice age trail runs through. You can ride on the ice age through there, and I also routinely ride the Ice Age trail to the south, starting at the Culver's parking lot on Hwy 33. At least on that part (between 33 and Blue Hills), there's signage for both hikers and MTB.

Roc
    mtbr member
    I really wasn't sure if the trails in West Bend were called Ice Age Trails or not, that's just what I've heard they were called. I've been there maybe five times in the last two years and I still have no clue on how to get to the trail head by car, so I usually park at Culver's and ride the small connector to the trail. It's a fun little trail and usually reminds me just how long the winter is, and how fat I've become. Watch out for the poison oak after rain falls, very itchy