Thread: WEMS races

mtbr member

WEMS races

is anyone here doing this series?
    http://www.wemseries.com/
    1st race is today. if the rain stops i may go do the 3hr this afternoon.
    i'll fo shizzle be at the 5/27 race at Greenbush.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Great Series

I raced the three hour series four years ago and the six hour series the last 3 years. I'm mising today's but plan on racing a few 12hr solos this year.

This is a great series. The trails, the atmosphere, and the people make it well worth it. I highly recommend checking it out.

mtbr member
    The stump farm race was great. There were a couple of mud pits, but overall the trail handled the rain amazingly well. By the time the 6 hour started all the water was pressed out from the main line and it was super fast.

Overall the WEMS races are great with a chill atmosphere and fun courses, and with the 3, 6, 12, +team options you can choose a race to suit your mood.

Witty McWitterson
    Yeah, great series! I only wish that I could attend the races. Saturday events don't work for my schedule.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah, 1st laps starting out @ 8:00am looked horrible. When the rain stopped things really sped up. I rode some trails out there on Thursday and it was insanely dusty. Slick almost. It's amazing how the trails at the camp soak up water and drain so quickly. Best riding out there is a couple hours after a rain. The trails themselves don't do a whole lot for me. Great place for a race though...

cheers,
    sr

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    Stump farm was great as usual. The rain and weather was not, however. I highly recomend everything wems.