mtbr member
    Jan 2009

WEMS Cam Rock race fall 2009

Hi, just wonder if anybody has any info on what trails are going to be used for this race. I know it was just announced not too long ago but I'm just curious. So I have a good idea of what trials to work on once spring is here.

mtbr member

Not sure

I think the problem is that some of the trails the organizers are hoping to use haven't been built yet. The connector trail was cut last spring. The new loop at the north end of the park isn't in place yet. IIRC, the discussion was that the race could be run on the existing trail only if need be, but we are hoping to add more singletrack before the race. EDIT/ My guess only, but the Expert Section probably won't be part of the course /EDIT

Check the Pitch Black Singletrack page on the CORP website. Not much information yet, but that should change as the time draws near.

http://www.madcitydirt.org/?page_id=132

Walt

Bear

Race course...

Walt summed things up well.

The race course will be determined by a few things.

A) what we finish building in the spring/early summer workdays

B) how long the average rider can complete proposed course in.

I don't want to see an exceptionally long course for a night race yet I don't want it super short either.

A safe bet would be all of the existing trail including the connector that was finished last year.......but not the expert loop. Hopefully the next new section of singletrack can be included.

Needless to say it's going to be a rockin' course for hot night laps.

mtbr member
    guess i better change my trail work local this spring

Bear
    The more the merrier for Spring work days.

We started laying out a new singletrack section last summer and has the potential to add some very fun mileage to our race. Lots to be done....but certainly doable!

Work dates and rides will be posted in the forums at www.madcitydirt.org