mtbr member

Warming up for the Reforestation Ramble

I'll be out there Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings for sure getting ready for the race on Sunday. I'm really disappointed that I was sick all weekend and missed a few days of riding after what was already a lax week, but it's time to throw down some miles. Going to do 24 tomorrow, 36 Wednesday, 24 Friday I'm thinking. If anyone wants to go ride along a fun mixed route, park just across the street on the side road at 7am.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thinking about swinging out that way on Sunday to check out the race. Do spectators get to roam throughout the woods? Is the trail roped off and the crowd gets to hangout trail side?

mtbr member
    I am not a good person to ask. This will be my first race. This morning they were starting to 'rope' off the course, but there's definitely ways a person could meander throughout the trail. I just don't know how they do it

On a side note, I'm SUPER excited. I have no idea how I'll fare, but I'll be happy to finish (preferably in the top half of my class). Legs feel great, new cable shiftin' smooth, new Craft shorts are really really comfortable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    So how did your race go? I rode the 10 mile loop today for the first time, what a blast!

mtbr member
    I hit my goal of finishing in the top half of the division, but didn't perform very well in my opinion. Wasn't feeling very well, and realized I definitely need to set up for something that rolls better when there's that much doubletrack. I'll see what I can do at Sheboygan in October