mtbr member
    May 2013

Trails by Spooner Wi?

Good day, Minnesota and Wisconsin!
    I am heading up on a family vacation to Spooner Wi, the second week of august and was thinking of taking my mountain bike. We generally do a lot of fishing up there. My wifes family owns two properties up there. I am wondering if there are any close single tracks that i could ride. It would be a nice personal get away for a few hours. We usually head over to Minn, to do some sight seeing and some souvenir shopping down town. I do not think we will be doing much of that this year. There for I would love a good new are to ride.

Having to hang out at the house all week long with the inlaws and the kids, who wouldn't want a get away, Not that I don't mind doing so. But the thrill of the ride is wanting me to go.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You aren't too far down the road (about 30 miles) from Hayward and the CAMBA trails. I personally haven't visited the trail system, but it is quite extensive.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. I will definatley look get directions and bring my bike up for sure know, that is about the same distance to where I ride now. I am looking foward to in know, a new track.

Thank you,
    Koby
    Northern Mi.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Trails by Spooner Wi?

Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls have a few nice systems as well. http://chippewaoffroad.org

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetstu View Post
    Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls have a few nice systems as well. CORBA: Chippewa Off Road Bike Association ?
    I have been trying to go to Chippewa falls for several years, Not to go bike riding but to go to Leinenkugel, brewery. But that always gets shut down. It probably would also this year. I could go for a bike ride and then head over to the brewery afterwards but then I would need a ride back home. Some day I will be down their to do both!

Koby,
    Northern Michigan.

MN/WI
    Just east of Spooner on Highway 70 is the Wildcat Mountain bike trail. It's in its infancy.

Here's the map. If you go, I'd recommend printing the map. The trailhead doesn't have any.

http://www.washburncounty.org/docs/W...untainBike.pdf
    Remember, nobody knows. So let's find out...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    How is that Wildcat Trail? Hard to tell from the map. I've got family in Spooner that I usually visit quite a few times in the summer and this would be right down the road!

MN/WI
    The signage could be better, so be wary. The trail itself, where it's single track, is similar to the Makwa Trail. One part follows the ATV trail. I'd give it a 5 out of 10.
    Remember, nobody knows. So let's find out...