mtbr member

Trails near New Lisbon?

Planning on visiting my brother in New Lisbon WI this summer from California and wondering where the nearest singletrack to new Lisbon might be. Tried a search but im not familiar with what areas are close enough to justify a trip and what aren't. Any input is great, thanks!!

Sweep the leg!
    You're about an hour in any direction from good trails.

Levis Mound (Levis-Trow) is between Merrillan and Neillsville. That's a great trail that is well taken care of and hosts the WEMS 3/6/12 hour events as well as Gnome Fest, State Single Speed Championships and other gatherings. On a 1-10 in our state it's a solid 9. There is camping.

Standing Rocks trail to the east of Plover is a nice trail too. 7.5/10. It is a one-way loop with a few different types of trails broken into 15 sections. The beginning and end of each section is at a wider ski trail loop which allows a rider to skip harder sections or cut a ride short if time runs out. No camping.

There's been long weekends were my group of friends and I will spend Friday and Saturday at Levis and then drive to Standing Rocks for Sunday before going home.

The Human Powered Trails on the east side (on top of the bluff by the National Weather Service station on Hwy. FA ) is a solid 9/10. It too has hosted WEMS events and the State SS Championship. No Camping.

Blue Mounds State Park has a decent trail too. 7/10. It's more than a bit rocky in quite a few sections so a bike with suspension is preferred. It's also hosted WEMS and a State SS Championship. I live 45 minutes away and I don't like it but that's because I sprained an ankle on a rock in putting my foot down.

If you know when you're coming and if you want to race you can look at wemseries.com and wors.org for days and venues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trails near New Lisbon?-new-lisbon.jpg  

Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Ballstein Models
    check out madcitydirt.com for trail info around Madison

The source for mountain biking information in the Madison Wisconsin Area:

Capital Off Road Pathfinders

mtbr member extraordinair
    Levis Mound!! Dont miss that one!
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!