mtbr member

Trails between Madison and Wausau

Possibly going to central Wisconsin mid-August. Friendship, WI ... I believe it is. Is there anything worth while around there, or should I just go to Levis or 9-mile instead.

Peace out!

Bear

Standing Rocks?

Standing Rocks isn't much farther north. If you want 14 miles of twisty never straight and never flat singletrack it's a don't miss trail.

mtbr member
    Thank you, that sounds like fun

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Standing Rocks is good especially if you ride the 14 miles and turn around and go in the opposite direction for a real workout. And let us not forget just north of Wausau, past Merrill on 51 look for Co. Rd. K to H to Copper Lake road all heading east to Underdown. Underdown is kind of short at 14 miles but what a RIDE! it is techy with lots of climbing and ups n downs and beeeeautiful. If its warm bring your friend and mine Deet! Do the same and turn around and do it in reverse or do different loop routes. It will change your mind about flat Wis.

mtbr member
    +1 for the rocks. Rode there yesterday, and had a blast. There's still some berries along the trail for nibbling along the way