mtbr member

Trail Rumors - New London and Grand Chute

Anyone hear any news on the Trail Rumors for New London and Grand Chute? I hear it is still going ahead, no idea where. I know Plamann park was turned down.
    - Trek Fuel EX9, 2010
    - 2013 907 Fatbike
    - Norco Brian Leech Trials

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    $7500 has been allotted for a wetlands survey in Art Lecker Park in Grand Chute. New London in still in the works. Get on the FASTA e-mail list and you'll be updated as much as anyone else is. PM me for the e-mail if you aren't already on it.

mtbr member
    FYI - Got this off Facebook:

From our friends at the FCCA:

"If you are a Mountain Biker, an aspiring Mountain Biker, or like to play one on the weekends, WE NEED YOUR HELP. Below you will find a list of E-mails for the Town of Grand Chute, we need you to copy them, and send an email stating how much you spend on Mountain Biking Passes, travel, food, lodging, etc so the town board can see the Proposed Art Lecker Mountain Bike Park is a fantastic idea for this area. There has been some opposition to the idea as of late, and FCCA feels with a little e-mail campaign, we can convince the town board it is a win win for mountain bikers and the towns that have the parks. DON"T DELAY, take 5 minutes, and shoot an email to these folks and stand up for Mountain Biking right here in the Valley!!! Contact: dave.schowalter@grandchutenet, jeff.nooyen@grandchute.net, jim.pleuss@grandchute.net, travis.thyssen@grandchute.net, Bruce.Sherman@grandchute.net"
    - Trek Fuel EX9, 2010
    - 2013 907 Fatbike

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just sent an email to the Grand Chute board. I haven't heard too much on trails in New London or Grand Chute as of late. I was on the email list for FASTA but haven't heard anything since April and that was concerning proposed trails at View Ridge Park just outside New London.

mtbr member
    Awesome! I heard back from one of the board members right away with positive feedback. Please keep sending them!
    - Trek Fuel EX9, 2010
    - 2013 907 Fatbike

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey guys. Thanks for letting the Grand Chute board know your thoughts about Art Lecker Park. I'm still working with the County re. View Ridge. They've thrown us a few obstacles, but the project is still very much alive. I will update everyone soon. Brian

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for keeping us informed. Sorry I couldn't make it when you guys went over there earlier this year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I just fired of an email to Grand Chute. I live in Hortonville and would also love to see atrail in the New London area, IM me if I can be of any help.

mtbr member
    Art Lecker Park Update - Last night at the Park Commission meeting, the group approved conceptual plan development for bike trails and a skills park.
    - Trek Fuel EX9, 2010
    - 2013 907 Fatbike

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nice. What is the "plan" for the skills park?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottvt View Post
    Nice. What is the "plan" for the skills park?
    Today I sat in on a meeting with the trail designers, the City of Grand Chute and the group moving things forward. The city of Grand Chute ended up going with Alpine Bike Parks. These are the fine people who are responsible for the design and construction of the Valmont bike park in Boulder, CO

We should see preliminary plans early in the new year. Not sure when they'll be made public, but I'm very excited about the vision that's coming together,

Looks like they are still on track to start construction in the spring.

I'll share more when appropriate, I'm really just an observer to the process and am very grateful to the people who've worked so hard to get us to this point.
    Disclaimer: I no longer fix bikes for a living.
    National Ski Patroller to feed my winter habit.