SS FR HT

Trail Biking Around Lake Winnebago Area

So when everything starts to melt im planning on making a bike group and I need some ideas for trail riding. I would like more technical then physical, with ladders, drops and large rocky sections. I live in the Oshkosh area so the closer the better. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Formerbmx37
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

mtbr member
    laders and drops and large rocks? hmmm. not so much of that close to Osh. Baird Creek in GB has some good technical stuff. High Cliff has a lot of illegal stuff that is fun but the DNR nazi's are all over that place. shoot me your e-mail and i'll keep u posted as trails open in spring.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

=========

mtbr member
    there really isnt much in the oshkosh area...

i havent ridden here yet but i heard that standing rocks state park outside of stevens point has some decent trails, not much for ladders or drops but some xc action

http://www.bicycling.trimbleoutdoors...?tripId=152580

SS FR HT
    i just keep hearing bikers saying theres a spot or trail that has ladders and drops and even some table tops. I just never get a clear idea of the location.

Oh your right about UWO, theres a lot of urban stuff to ride around on. I was out ridding that area and I took a cement ledging to curb and pinch flatted yesterday.... on my first ride too. So I had to walk back to the post office by Cranky Pats to my car.
    Last edited by kitsapfreerider; 01-19-2009 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formerbmx37
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

mtbr member
    bummer man! thats like a half mile ish, if you mean the cranky pats on main street in downtown?

that would be awesome for jumps or ladders! in a hush hush trail, and i have seen one or two dj bikes on campus but didnt think much of it, and i never got to talk to them

there is always the bmx track, i dont know what they have for jumps

Sweep the leg!
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.