Did I catch a niner?

New question here. Tire Suggestion 29er

So I just got my 2009 Cannondale 29er 2 love the bike took it for a ride today at Murphy's and was great vs my old Trek 6000.

But my question is the bike currently has a set of Conti Race King 2.2 and this does seem to be a great tire for around MN. But has anyone just put a SB8 on the back with the Conti up front? I am not sure how well the Conti is as a dedicated front.

However the other part of this is this is my all arounder bike so I do commute and ride the streets during the week.

I was looking at Racing Ralph's, but I spoke with a guy today who said they seem to have a tough time on loose over hardpack which is what I ride a lot. He was actually using them but they were a 26 and the 2.4.

pink

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    So I just got my 2009 Cannondale 29er 2 love the bike took it for a ride today at Murphy's and was great vs my old Trek 6000.

But my question is the bike currently has a set of Conti Race King 2.2 and this does seem to be a great tire for around MN. But has anyone just put a SB8 on the back with the Conti up front? I am not sure how well the Conti is as a dedicated front.

However the other part of this is this is my all arounder bike so I do commute and ride the streets during the week.

I was looking at Racing Ralph's, but I spoke with a guy today who said they seem to have a tough time on loose over hardpack which is what I ride a lot. He was actually using them but they were a 26 and the 2.4.

pink
    You can't compare a tire in 26" with the same tread in 29". Ride the race kings and see what you think of them. I think you'll be suprised at how little tread you need on a 29r tire to acheive superior traction.

Did I catch a niner?
    So I have road the the Race Kings and they are a decent tire but I think I am going to go for a new set just to try new things.

What I have decided is a Weirwolf LT front and Nanoraptor rear. I run a lefty so I do not think width will be a problem on the Weirwolf LT.

pink

mtbr member
    I run an Exi-Wolf on the front and it tracks very well. I run a Bontrager ASX or RR2.2 on he rear. For bigger trails I put on a Kenda Nevegal.