mtbr member

Stevens Point wisconsin riding?

Ok heres the deal, my folks are driving up to Wausau from Madison to watch my little bro's lacrosse game. I live in Oshkosh, and we were thinking i could meet them for some riding in the Stevens Point area (about half way for both of us). I already checked Standing Rocks county park but it doesnt open until may 1st. What else is out there around the point area? I tried looking for PASTA (point area single track association, as it was listed on the map for standing rocks. But i came up with nothing.)

Ive also heard 9 mile in wausau, but is it open? I also dont know if i would want to meet up with my parents and drive all the way up to wausau, ride then drive back to the 'kosh

Or am i missing something? Any other good riding along the 51 corridor, that isnt too far out of the way for me and my parents?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm not sure if Nine Mile is open. Otherwise, if you're going to be riding with your parents, do the Green Circle Trail around Stevens Point. It's a good 25 miles of gravel and pavement. There is also some singletrack. If you're interested, I can point you the right way.

mtbr member
    Yea singletrack is what i am looking for, my parents are more than capable of handling just about anything we are going to encounter around here. Heck my dad is 52 and charges harder than me at some obstacles! lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Shoot me a PM and I'll give you details.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGalt
    if you're going to be riding with your parents, do the Green Circle Trail around Stevens Point.
    Sorry to drag this open, but I saw it and it made me chuckle! All I ride with are parents and we rock!!!!

Old doesn't = lame
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee
    Sorry to drag this open, but I saw it and it made me chuckle! All I ride with are parents and we rock!!!!

Old doesn't = lame

Thats right! My old man charges stuff i think twice about, and my mom is a little timid, until we give her some encouragement and then she can do just about any technical riding around here, they don't particularly like gravel touring trails cuz they are "too boring" lol

We rode some lift access (keystone Colorado) a few years ago and they both nailed everything they tried