mtbr member
    Feb 2004

say on your left next time

say on your left next time! don't come fly up on someone like your a down hill! had to go off the trail because I no clue to were you were going!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbikeco View Post
    say on your left next time! don't come fly up on someone like your a down hill! had to go off the trail because I no clue to were you were going!
    But when I do that, you ride into the left side of the trail, man!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It's called playing chicken. Clearly I won.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

nOOb
    May 2008
    I never yell "on your left".
    I holler "rider" or "get your stinkin' horse off my trail" or sometimes "nice turd cutter lady" but it's funner to watch people react when you sneak up on them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Actually, when I was a noob about 20 years ago I was riding this really rough downhill. I figured I was going just about as fast as you could go down that hill (most were still riding rigid then) when I hear someone coming up behind me yelling "I'm out of control!" then flies past me. I'm guessing my noobness was showing and he thought that was funny. I thought is was pretty funny too.

Had he just yelled "on your left", it just wouldn't have been the same.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    I'm on something.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    hahah good stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailville View Post
    yelling "I'm out of control!"
    "I think I have Ebola!" while spewing fake blood gets me to the head of the line at the bank. But then the teller usually splits too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    "On your Left"!!!

My Brain Hurts!
    When I was a much younger man, a friend of mine and I liked to yell, "move or die!" Worked really well with hiker/trail walker types and bike riders seem to instinctively move to the right. We stopped because some skittish riders were starting to bail off their bikes and I don't want them to get hurt and a few people saw the comment as a challenge and wanted to go a few rounds...

I want to ride a bike, not fight an MMA match!
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!