Who is John Galt?

Root River, MN riding

I've got a job that will take me to the Root River area, specifically Rushford, over the next couple of years. I looked at the trail reviews area but don't know the towns around there yet other than Winona. I thought there has to be some great trails, other than that flat paved stuff, around Rushford? Can anyone hook me up?
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    www.bikedecorah.com www.humanpoweredtrails.org, http://rasc.multisportsystems.com/pa...ountain-biking, www.morcmtb.org

Great area you are moving into, tons of hills. Great trails in winona lacrosse and decorah all pretty close

Who is John Galt?
    Thanks for the links, I'll check those out. Won't be moving there, only visiting and with the yeti bike next time!
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If you can hook with a local it will save you tons of time trying to figure out the best way to ride the trails, I think holzinger in winona has group rides on wed night last I heard. Lacross has them on fridays I think, and call decorah bicycle before hand and they will find someone to show you around. it might not be bad idea to do some calling around to local shops to make sure you can hookup with guides, for holzinger especially. Both winona and lacrosse could be done in the evening after work if you have a couple 2-3 hrs before dark. For decorah I Would give my self a little more time say a saturday or a sunday. Bronks is also near winona and that is supposedly ok though poorly maintained, but there are some plans to improve and add some trails there.

Who is John Galt?
    Sounds like good advice. I drove right through Decorah on my last trip so that's high on my list. Surprised there's nothing in Rushford, that's nice looking mountain bike country but I guess most folks go there for the fishing. Thanks again.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If I ever went there it was to go to stumpy's and it's been quite awhile since I've even done that. Brightsdale unit of the RJD state forest is just west of there has some ski trails you could probably ride, and the root river trails is great as far as rail trails go, but excluding any obscure bootlegs in the area that is about all the singletrack in the area.