Thread: Rochester

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Rochester

Hey Everyone,

I am relocating to Rochester in about a month. Can anyone tell me about local riding in the area and nearby. Please keep in mind that I do not know the names or distances of nearby towns. I am interested in learning both about MTB and road riding. Any information will be helpfull. I appreciate it and look forward to meeting some local riders in the near future.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Check out morcmtb.org . Full listing of trails in Minnesota.

Condensed version: A few around the Rochester area, more about 1-1/2 to 2 hour north in the metro area. If you want an all day/weekend ride, its Cuyuna all the way.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Iowa?

There may be some options in N Iowa as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Rochester has a small trail system in town somewhere. I think it's called Eastwood or something. Winona has some trails and that is about 40 minutes away. Lacrosse, WI has some great riding and that is about an hour away. The Twin Cities metro area is about 90 minutes away and has multiple great trail systems. MN has a world class trail system in Crosby-Ironton, MN which is a 4 hour trip, but well worth it for anyone in the Midwest.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    +1 for the Human Powered Trails in La Crosse. Decorah, IA is also a great place to ride that is not too far. The Decorah Time Trials are a great "Spring Classic" Mountain bike race - Held on April 29th this year.