mtbr member

River Trails being blocked

alright, so today I was riding on the river trails by myself and all of sudden I see a fallen tree across the path, not a big deal since trees often fall on the trail, but then as I continue along I find 4 or 5 more. I started getting pissed because it's a bit annoying to bunny hop a bunch of random logs. I finally started thinking to myself after the third log, alright, this has got to be someone doing this to stop bikers from going on this trail. I picked up all of the logs and branches that i saw laying across the trail, but I don't know how long they will stay off the trail. This is just a warning to anyone who is riding those trails to look out for these random trees and maybe other nastier things lying out on the river trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Can you be more specific? Trails along rivers are plentiful in WI and MN.

mtbr member
    ahh yeah, sorry, it's the river trail right next to the Milwaukee river in Milwaukee Wisconsin

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Are the trees down because of a saw? There was some strong winde there the other day, right?

mtbr member
    no, the trees aren't down from a saw, but they are lite enough to be carried by a hiker or whatever easily, and they are all out across the trail almost perfectly parallel

mtnjam
    do your part for trail maintenance:

Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRider93
    no, the trees aren't down from a saw, but they are lite enough to be carried by a hiker or whatever easily, and they are all out across the trail almost perfectly parallel

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, but if they're so light, why didn't you just move them, for the good of the Mil MTB community?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle7775
    I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, but if they're so light, why didn't you just move them, for the good of the Mil MTB community?
    Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRider93
    I picked up all of the logs and branches that i saw laying across the trail, but I don't know how long they will stay off the trail. This is just a warning to anyone who is riding those trails to look out for these random trees and maybe other nastier things lying out on the river trails.
    Thanks for the heads up yo!
    2009 Trek 4500

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerZR6
    Dude...

Thanks for the heads up yo!

Whoops. My bad. i forgot to plug in my brain last night. Sorry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've noticed alot of trees down after a storm a few weeks back but nothing out of the ordinary. I wish someone would cut the grass back though. It's starting to get annoying.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jjyoung
    I've noticed alot of trees down after a storm a few weeks back but nothing out of the ordinary. I wish someone would cut the grass back though. It's starting to get annoying.

Couldn't you take a weed wacker with you next time and do some trail maintenance yourself?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    If I had one I would. All I have is a machete and there is too much grass for that. I was thinking of getting a chain saw for some of the trees crossing the trail but I'm not sure if it's legal to start cutting the trees out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I had a similar incident with some local "trails" on the KK parkway a few weeks ago. There were four 6" trees about twenty feet long all stacked like a backwards ramp on the trail. They were eventualy moved by someone about a week ago. I was about ready to take a small hatchet over there and do it myself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt512
    I had a similar incident with some local "trails" on the KK parkway a few weeks ago. There were four 6" trees about twenty feet long all stacked like a backwards ramp on the trail. They were eventualy moved by someone about a week ago. I was about ready to take a small hatchet over there and do it myself.
    That sounds like a log jump and you were just going in the wrong direction.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    probably was, but there were some older jumps (not exactly well kept) just a few hundred yards down the trail. Plus there was a turn in the trail just after the jump. a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did I catch a niner?
    If you are speaking of MN River Bottom I know the areas you are talking about... I think. There seems to be a lot of random trees once you get closer to the cedar bridge area (I start from Bloomington Ferry).

We are going for a ride there in a little bit and will do our best to get these trees out of the way.

pink

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    don't know hwere you are talking about, this is a section of the kinnickinick parkway in Milwaukee WI. it's the section over by 52nd street. Sorry bout the confusion.