Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005

riding around appleton

I'm in Appleton for work with my girl for a couple of days this week (from Oz) . We have our bikes with us and given that it stays light until after 8.00pm we are thinking that if there is some riding to be had we should get the bikes thrown together and get out there in the afternoons.

So where should we head? Anyone care to hookup for a ride and show us around or are there local shop/ group rides that we could crash in on during the week?

cheers in advance.

uhhhhhyea
    By far my favorite shop in the area (and pretty much WI as a whole) is recyclist - http://www.bicycledealer.net/. They're right on the CE trail (paved bike path) which is within riding distance from downtown, and there's even a fun little offroad loop in combined locks just before you get to the shop. There's a little path leading off into the woods from the CE trail- it's not marked, but it hooks up to the public park.

mtbr member
    are u still here? call me at 920-378-4720. there are a lot of places to ride close by.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinwi
    are u still here? call me at 920-378-4720. there are a lot of places to ride close by.

apologies up front for the hijack, but i'm curious, what trails are you thinking of? may just depend on your definition of "close by", but if there are trails around the area, i'd like to give 'em a try. I'm up in GB and pretty much stay around here or Kewaunee.

thanks in advance.
    sr

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    *bump*

no info about appleton trails? lookin for more ride ops. throw a dog a bone man....

mtbr member
    just keep riding camp, baird, and kewaunee. Your best three options from GB. Otherwise, it's only an hour'ish to standing rocks. Love getting out there.

mtnjam
    i grew up in Appleton, not much there as I remember for official trails, but we always used to ride some rogue trails around Peabody Park and Plamann Park, but not much else I can think of
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranal
    there's even a fun little offroad loop in combined locks just before you get to the shop. There's a little path leading off into the woods from the CE trail- it's not marked, but it hooks up to the public park.
    I live in Kaukauna and Ive never been down there. Your talking about right by "N" right? Does it meet up with the trails behind the Combined Locks Civic Center? If so then that would be a nice little ride.....

Scott

uhhhhhyea
    Yep, those are the trails. Haven't been there in forever... I kinda miss getting air off the buried drainpipes though

Here's the spot on google maps. You can kind of see where someone apparently keeps the grass cut going into the entrance:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...2,16.5,,0,-9.2