mtbr member
    May 2012

Ride suggestions in Camba network

I'm heading from Black River Falls, WI up to Two harbors MN for a bachelor party this weekend. I was thinking about making a pit stop and getting a ride in on the Camba trails, but am open to other suggestions that wouldn't be too far out of the way (driving north on 53). Anyone have a suggestion for a must ride if I do hit the Camba trails? I'm not a technical expert but am not afraid of technical riding by any means. Something fun and flowy and maybe in the 15 mile range....was thinking about the Namakagon trail, but figured I'd see if anyone had any input. Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Lots of options for you! Namakagon is fun and flowy and you can make it any distance you want. Another great option is Makwa, a two way trail so you can go as far as you want and then turn around. Start at OO and head south, or start at Mosquito Brook and head north.

You will have a great ride either way! Have fun!

Bear
    Park at the Hatchery Creek trailhead.

Ride 1/2 of Hatchery Creek to the Mosquito Brook trailhead. Ride Makwa to the OO trailhead. Turn around and ride Makwa back to Mosquito Brook. Finish off the ride with the other 1/2 of Hatchery Creek.

I think that would be about 34 miles. If you want a shorter ride park and Mosquito Brook and just ride Makwa.

In my opinion Makwa is the trail most likely to put a smile on your face in the CAMBA system.
    www.madcitydirt.org - All things dirt in Madison, WI
    [

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I third the nomination for makwa, but I will suggest that you start at Gravel Pit trail head or Mosquito Brook and ride to OO then turn around. I rode it two weeks ago while visiting family up there.

If you start at OO then your return trip is always going to be 80% climbing no matter where you turn around. That's just me though, I like to get the climbing done early on a 15 to 20 mile ride.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the responses. Makwa it is! I just returned home from a grueling straight through drive from Kalispell MT. and wasn't looking forward to the drive to the north shore but I'm thinking this little ride break will make the trip a whole helluva lot more enjoyable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Start at Hatchery....