mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Question about some Northwoods Trails

I'm heading up to Woodruff all of next week and I'm thinking of hitting Smokin Spoke, Washburn Lake, and Underdown trails. How do these trails handle rain? If it rains one day can I ride them the next or will it be nothing but mud? I'm thinking its not very sandy terrain up there.

If anyone wants to meet up and ride with me up there next week shoot me a PM and we can figure something out!

mtbr member
    Hit the spoke. There were a few spots that were squishy, but the last time I rode there it was raining and the trail held up fine. I also recommend hitting the Raven trail as it's right on the highway at Clear Lake on your way south of Woodruff. I haven't gotten to that one yet this year, but it was very nice last year. I hear there was supposed to be some good work being done there this year too.

I haven't hit Wash or Underdown yet, so I can't speak to those. Enjoy the riding!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah I was at Raven last year. I think this year if I'm bored I might go check out the jungle gym they built out there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Didn't make it to Underdown or Washburn. Rode Smokin Spoke twice once while it was raining, it is now one of my favorite trail systems. Raven's trails on the campground side were not much more than a warm up, but the stuff on the other side of the road kicks ass.