Witty McWitterson

Pugsley Ride. Winter just got cooler.

Not too long back, I bought a Pugsley for the store as a demo rig. It happens to fit me. Imagine that happy coincidence! I was finally able to get the bike out and ride it in its elements on the last day of the year. It was chilly. The high was 10, but during ride time, the temp was falling.

I knew this bike was fun, just from riding it around town, but once I got on it on trail, I was blown away with how much traction there actually is with these humongous tires. This is a really fun bike. Not fast mind you, but fun. Can't wait to really start using it!

Pugsley Dos from Marty Larson on Vimeo.

^^first video. Its a bit long - but kinda fun to do. I'll get better at 'em.

From Pugsley

Steeper than it looks of course, and am I ever glad there's a granny on this thing. Can't remember the last time I used such a low gear!

From Pugsley
    Just a regular guy.

filthy ape
    Oct 2005
    Cool vid, nice snow macheen ya got there bro. I'd like to have one of them there Pugs for myself. Keep the pics coming, it'll help motivate some of us to get off our arses and ride more this winter. Enjoy the Pug and happy trails.

P.S. Shoot me an e-mail if you ever get up to Duluth and we can hit some local trails on the other big wheel bikes (29er style). Peace.
    Last edited by Duh-luth; 01-02-2009 at 04:43 PM.

mtbr member
    when we went to Interbike, one of our favorite things to do for years was get on the pugs and charge the biggest rockgardens we could going really fast, like a monster truck.

If youve been to vegas and had 2 guys on pugs yelling at you to lay down and let them run you over, thats us.

we never got anyone to do it, so we did it with some friends, 1 pug, 5 friends. just like bigfoot and cars.

one guy here at the shop bought one this summer, its the most decked out pug ever, ill take pics and show them.

man those things are fun, ive been close to pulling the trigger for a while. im sure it will happen at some point.

where in WI are you? what trails are close?

Witty McWitterson
    HoM,
    Just do it. Super fun bike. I remember saying that I'd never buy another 26" bike. 29" was where it was at for me. No need for those little wheels anymore.

I'm eating crow now. I rode up icy, chunky snowmobile trails. Rode up stuff I had no business riding up. It was awesome.

In in SW WI, Prairie du Chien, an hour north of Dubuque, An hour west of Madison, on the Mississippi River and Wisconsin River.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    HoM,

In in SW WI, Prairie du Chien, an hour north of Dubuque, An hour west of Madison, on the Mississippi River and Wisconsin River.

ive been to that part once, i rode the XC course they race Blockhouse roll at a few years back, which is probally 30min south of you or so im guessing. really really fun trails. and its on some guys personal property!(we got permission) id love to be that guy.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=~martini~]HoM,
    Just do it. Super fun bike. I remember saying that I'd never buy another 26" bike. 29" was where it was at for me. No need for those little wheels anymore.

Imagine a 29er Pugs....awesome!!