Thread: PETS in Kenosha

1GEAR
    Dec 2008

PETS in Kenosha

I made the comment over winter that I thought PETS was somewhat tame and rather boring, holy hell was I wrong. Its a mudd pit in some areas, but I ran into a few older guys that were bombing around and decided to tag along for the ride. There are some really fast sections in those woods, and just north of the road that goes past the golfcourse is pretty sick with all the berms and what have you.

I had a great time down there, I need to meet up with someone who knows those trails so I can get down there again

mtbr member
    i've been to kettle but never pets- is there any decent climbs there that can give your heart and legs a decent workout?
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL
    - 2011 Kona Unit (singlespeed) XL

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    Its no where near as easy rolling as kettle, climbs are mostly short and steep, but the obstacles will give you a challenge and there are some pretty rowdy jumps that are built over fallen trees. I had a good time down there.

mtbr member
    thanks, efff- i'll have to check it out. it's only an hour from my work- i'll have to make it out there sometime for something new. thanks again!
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL
    - 2011 Kona Unit (singlespeed) XL

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    Let me know when you go, I'm down. I've only ridden down there twice so I'm kinda lost down there, TONS of trail in there from what I hear.

mtbr member
    I've ridden it twice, but that was a couple of years ago.

As memory serves, it was pretty tight in places. There were some steep ascents and descents. It doesn't "flow" like Kettle does. If it's not muddy it's a fun place to ride.