lookin' for a hill

north woods WI conditions

Are the north woods dry at the moment? I will be up this coming sunday thru tuesday and was hoping to hit at least Smokin spoke. if anyone has other recommendations within an hour of Rhinelander, let me know. I'm gonna keep an eye on the weather reports.
    thanks.

mtbr member
    Just rode Hanson Lake at Rhinelander yesterday. It was very thick and full of spider webs, but the dry/wet was fine. I'd say conditions are likely to be great at the spoke (or whatever they're calling it these days). Also, you might want to stop up at Raven Trail at Clear Lake. I didn't get out there this past weekend, but I'm curious to hear if they built any skills course

mtbr member
    Just got back from Smokin' Spoke and the conditions are excellent. Fat Tire Guides were not kidding about the 5 rating on aerobic difficulty though.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

the Roche Trail is dry.

new features being built, debris being cleared yet from Tornado, but still have 13 miles of trail. It is within an hour of Rhinelander.

mtbr member
    Try Washburn lake for twisty and somewhat techy singletrack

http://www.rhinelander-resorts.com/activities/wburn.htm

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Also Between Tomahawk and Merrill off of HWY 51 head east on cty H to Copper Lake Rd. heading east to parking area at Underdown, use the small parking lot just to west of main lot and follow their signage which has been greatly improved. New trailwork has been done and the trail is in fantastic shape. This is a must do ride that will tire any rider. Remember have FUN! Just a hop down and over from Rhinelander.