mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Nordic Mtn DH Race

Does anyone have any info or bike tips for the DH race. Do you need a full blown DH bike or will a trail or slalom bike be the ticket. Does the course have a lot of technical areas or is it smooth and groomed? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    hey man. I'll prob be bringing my downhill bike but I rode one of thier freeride days last year on a giant reign and had a good time. For most of the stuff 6 inches is all you need and seeing as there is some pedaling a smaller bike may be better than a full on DH bike. You would have fun regardless of the bike, they have done a good job up there!

mtbr member
    last year i was able to do everything but the rock garden on my 4" XC. i didn't race, only because i couldn't be there sunday, but i did the entire downhill coarse just fine.
    "Life begins where the road ends..." -not sure
    ...and prefferably starts going downhill

mtbr member
    is saturday still going to be the freeride day with the lifts running? i am plannig on coming saturday to ride with a few friends, but hiking up that hill doesn't sound nearly as fun. someone please let me know whats up. i can't find any info this year. whats going on? hurry, only a few days left!!!
    "Life begins where the road ends..." -not sure
    ...and prefferably starts going downhill