SS FR HT

Nordic Mountain Trail Work Day

Hello everyone,

I will be putting together a trail building day a Nordic Mountain on Tuesday, September 24th. We will be building a new trail in fern gully along with fixing up a couple other trails depending on the turn out. PM me if you are interested, or just show up. We will be working 9am until dark, show up when you can. Bring a bike, shovels, rakes, and food. Meet at the MTB parking lot or in Fern Gully if later. Hope to have a good tern out.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Formerbmx37
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    How big of a turn out would you expect on a Tuesday?
    Also, are you part of WAMBA?

SS FR HT
    Quote Originally Posted by scottvt View Post
    How big of a turn out would you expect on a Tuesday?
    Also, are you part of WAMBA?
    A lot of us that work at bike shops can't get off on weekends so most of my work days have been weekdays. It sucks, but I don't have any way around it. So far I have 4-5 people that said they can come. I am not part of WAMBA but work with Nordic and Rick for future trail construction.. Nordic has had a bad rap with sketchy wood contruction and off haphazard rock gardens. We want to install a couple good fun lines that bring people in other than for WORS. The place has a lot of potential just needs some well guided work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formerbmx37
    so if a put a card in my spokes could i trick people in to thinking my bike is good

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So what does the future of DH trails look like there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    And what does haphazardous rock garden mean? Too hard? Theyre supposed to be tricky, MTB is a dangerous sport.
    And about every wooden structure being torn down, any plans to rebuild?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sorry if I came off slightly dickish. Im not trying to start anything, I am just very curious as to what is actually happening there and kind of irritated that it seems to be going backwards. I tried getting in contact with WAMBA, but they obviously dont want to discuss anything. They seem more concerned with the XC trails and nothing else. I had permission from Rick S. (the owner) and Chad from Riven to do work there. All I ever did was minor maintenance, nothing more. 2 years working 2nd shift greatly reduced my riding hours. It seems in that time, most DH trails there became almost unridable. Recently I flagged a few spots that became overgrown with the intention of getting WAMBA's blessing to resurrect the trails, unsure as to whether or not I need any more permission. I am happy to do work there, and I would be happy to help, on weekends. I just want to know what is actually happening there. It almost seems as though too many people are doing too many different things, yet not enough of anything all at the same time.