Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    New Wauwatosa [WI] singletrack

    I've noticed some new singletrack being cut along the menomonee river in tosa. I'd like to help. Anyone out there know anything about it? I've been riding/building/maintaining trails in this area for a long time and would be interested in lending a hand.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by 0001Z
    I've noticed some new singletrack being cut along the menomonee river in tosa. I'd like to help. Anyone out there know anything about it? I've been riding/building/maintaining trails in this area for a long time and would be interested in lending a hand.
    Where is it being cut, it might Tom V the best bushwacker in the biz

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Starts just north of Burleigh (on both sides of the river) connecting the old singletrack from south of Burleigh (starting at North ave) and going up to Mayfair Rd. These are the only "new" sections I have noticed.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by 0001Z
    Starts just north of Burleigh (on both sides of the river) connecting the old singletrack from south of Burleigh (starting at North ave) and going up to Mayfair Rd. These are the only "new" sections I have noticed.

    Not sure then. I know who is cutting in new stuff from blue mound north to swan and hart park

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny@200
    Not sure then. I know who is cutting in new stuff from blue mound north to swan and hart park
    I didn't know there was new stuff over there as well. I have cut trails starting just west of hart park along the river all the way up to center st. It sounds like a good network of trails could potentially developed in this area. Add in the section behind hoyt pool (needs some work), through hanson behind the archery range (there is much potential back there) then up to the Harley trails and you've got 10 to 15 miles of mostly singletrack.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    64

    Go to a Metro meeting...

    The aforementioned perveyors of trail construction are normally there. At Benno's in West Allis on the second Tuesday(?) of each month. Or go to clubmtb.com and look up Metro for their meeting times.
    Profound esoteric sentence encapsulating my philosophy and world view here.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail6
    The aforementioned perveyors of trail construction are normally there. At Benno's in West Allis on the second Tuesday(?) of each month. Or go to clubmtb.com and look up Metro for their meeting times.

    We all know the metro crew does nor promote bushwack trail building, but show uo for the beer and info on trails

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7

    first post

    so i can create a thread

Similar Threads

  1. Where's the singletrack around Ben's Crow Inn
    By mtnbkrdr98 in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 02:05 PM
  2. New singletrack trail in Boise foothills - Shane's to Reserve
    By Earthpig in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 07:56 AM
  3. From singletrack to doubletrack
    By noonievut in forum Passion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 11:52 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 08:11 AM
  5. How do you put singletrack through a field?
    By EveryDaysANewDay in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •