• 12-28-2004
    0001Z
    New Wauwatosa [WI] singletrack
    I've noticed some new singletrack being cut along the menomonee river in tosa. I'd like to help. Anyone out there know anything about it? I've been riding/building/maintaining trails in this area for a long time and would be interested in lending a hand.
  • 01-01-2005
    kenny@200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 0001Z
    I've noticed some new singletrack being cut along the menomonee river in tosa. I'd like to help. Anyone out there know anything about it? I've been riding/building/maintaining trails in this area for a long time and would be interested in lending a hand.

    Where is it being cut, it might Tom V the best bushwacker in the biz
  • 01-03-2005
    0001Z
    Starts just north of Burleigh (on both sides of the river) connecting the old singletrack from south of Burleigh (starting at North ave) and going up to Mayfair Rd. These are the only "new" sections I have noticed.
  • 01-03-2005
    kenny@200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 0001Z
    Starts just north of Burleigh (on both sides of the river) connecting the old singletrack from south of Burleigh (starting at North ave) and going up to Mayfair Rd. These are the only "new" sections I have noticed.


    Not sure then. I know who is cutting in new stuff from blue mound north to swan and hart park
  • 01-04-2005
    0001Z
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kenny@200
    Not sure then. I know who is cutting in new stuff from blue mound north to swan and hart park

    I didn't know there was new stuff over there as well. I have cut trails starting just west of hart park along the river all the way up to center st. It sounds like a good network of trails could potentially developed in this area. Add in the section behind hoyt pool (needs some work), through hanson behind the archery range (there is much potential back there) then up to the Harley trails and you've got 10 to 15 miles of mostly singletrack.
  • 01-04-2005
    hardtail6
    Go to a Metro meeting...
    The aforementioned perveyors of trail construction are normally there. At Benno's in West Allis on the second Tuesday(?) of each month. Or go to clubmtb.com and look up Metro for their meeting times.
  • 01-04-2005
    kenny@200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hardtail6
    The aforementioned perveyors of trail construction are normally there. At Benno's in West Allis on the second Tuesday(?) of each month. Or go to clubmtb.com and look up Metro for their meeting times.


    We all know the metro crew does nor promote bushwack trail building, but show uo for the beer and info on trails
  • 01-04-2013
    twocircles
    first post
    so i can create a thread