Thread: New comer

mtbr member
    May 2009

New comer

Hi you riders

I'm coming from Europe as exchange student to UWSP. I'll arrive 8/24/09 and leave 5/21/10, and I wonder if I should take my bike with me as well. The big question is, how late in fall and how early in spring you can ride anywhere near Stevens Point?

I prefer freeride, and been trying to locate some bikeparks around. I notice that Friendship, but is there any other places? With reasonable distance from Stevens Point...

And one last thing. Is there supply of used FR/DH bikes? If I sell my old bike here and try to buy new one from USA?

Thank you for everyone who bothers to answer and I hope we’ll meet at trails

Sconie
    I can tell you that there isn't an over abundance of FR/DH bikes in Wisconsin. It's pretty flat here with a few exceptions.

We have snow from Late November to possibly thru March. You will have good riding for a few months in the fall and a month or two in the spring before you leave.

Can't help you with trails, the only times i've been to Point was to visit my buddies who went to school there and all I did then was hang out in the bars.

=========
    Stevens Point has some great riding....Standing Rocks and a little north...nine mile. More suited for a rigid singlespeed than a DH bike in one old fat man's opinion.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Lets Hook Up

Lots of riding out of Stevens Point, just got to drive a bit and I would be more then happy to figure out a way to show you what we have! Do you camp at all? Mostly cross country riding and flat? Not where I ride!