mtbr member
    Feb 2005

need traveling advise

I'm looking to do some camping and riding this friday through tuesday somewhere in Wisconsin. Ideally it would have great riding and some great camping facilities w/ a body of water nearby to swim the dogs and fish. I'd prefer a state park as camping is bit easier..

I'm coming from chicago and would like to travel between 5-8 hours. any suggestions would be much appreciated

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    i'm leaning towards levis mound but there seems to be a lack of water. also how is camping at levi? can you camp at the trail center?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You can always camp at Devil's Lake and make the short trip to Blue Mounds. I would say just camp at Blue Mounds, but I'm pretty sure there's a waiting list to camp there, not really a show up randomly and set up your tent kind of place. Devil's lake obviously has the lake, has a trail to ride there(Although nothing even close to the riding to be had at Blue Mounds) as well as AMAZING rock climbing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    thanks for the suggestion but I've already been to blue mound. I'm also looking for a place a bit more north

still looking like levi but I'm open to some suggestions...

Bear

Levis

Levis has camping at the trailhead....flush toilets....hot water...shelter. No water to swim the dogs.

This one:
    http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/forestry/...r-rec-camp.htm

Specifically the East Fork campground is only a 10 minute drive to the Levis trails, campsites right on a river, quiet, fishing, etc. Pit toilets and possibly a water pump at the entrance.

We have stayed at the East Fork campground several times and I highly recommend it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaryenbruch
    Levis has camping at the trailhead....flush toilets....hot water...shelter. No water to swim the dogs.
    The Levis trailhead is only a couple of miles from Lake Arbutus though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you want north, head all the way up north to Cable, by the national forest. Lakes up the wazoo, some of the most fun and extensive riding in the midwest and plenty of other 'outdoorsy' stuff to do.