sip
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

NE WI Bike Rental

I'm finally coming back to the Cheesehead state and I'm bringing my mountain biking skills (or lack thereof) with me. Unfortunately, I picked up mountain biking in AZ and do not have a clue about mtb'ing in the state. The forum has been pretty good at listing the trails in my area so I should be able to find my way to a nice trail, but my lack of bike will be a bigger issue.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bike shop near Appleton or Green Bay that will hook me up with a nice full suspension bike? At worst, I could ship my Pivot, but that is about as likely as me missing a fish fry.

mtbr member
    I cant speak for GB but in Appleton all I can think of is recyclist. They rent bikes but I doubt you are going to get a nice full sussy. Really you dont need it. A hardtail is perfect for around here.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Bear Paw?

Bear Paw Outdoor Adventure Center rents bikes if you are going to be near the Roche trail.

sip
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks guys. I'm just hoping to get out and ride so a hardtail will be just fine. I'm used to the rocky and gnarly terrain I have out here so its easy to forget about the nice dirt that we have in the Midwest.