I need skills
    Jul 2004

The National Bike Challenge, who's in?

I am riding as part of a local team. The stats are crazy cool to peruse.
    Endomondo | Community based on free GPS tracking of sports

I learned what is happening with the endomondo information collected during this campaign by our smart phones. The razzle dazzle of the campaign is getting people out to have fun, ride and use their bikes, but things waaay bigger are happening with the data.

A person chooses the type of ride they are taking, eg transport/commuting, recreation, mt biking.... Endomondo maps the routes we are using, and over time, the routes cyclists prefer is known in detail!

This information can be used for planning better infrastructure, lobbying, knowing better routes, knowing what areas must be lacking preferred surfaces/routes....etc. This data is invaluable IMO.

This is cool stuff. Not to late to sign up. I am on a local team and anyone can form a team as well. (10 person max).

BTW, Milwaukee is getting its butt kicked by other communities! (I told you the stats are crazy cool). As of last night Milwaukee had half the points of Stevens Point, Eau Claire, Fond du Lac, La Crosse...... Appleton was beating Madison btw.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the heads up.I have been using Endomondo for random tracking and joined the challenge to help Appleton out. Wisconsin is doing pretty good as a whole.