******ed or Branded??

MSP bike rental "Q's"

Avid rider here from Phx, AZ visiting the inlaws for the next few days till 9/10. The weather here is so awesome that it has struck me to look and see if I can find a way to rent a bike to do some great riding.

I am staying with the in-laws in Coma Park in St. Paul MN. Heard that Lebanon, Murphy and Battle Creek trails are good and fun along with the Afton Alps.

A little about me I mainly ride AM/DH riding. Don't get me wrong I love to suffer on climbs to get to the top just to make the decend. It's all worth it at the end of the ride.

Any good advice about places to rent that are not to ridiculous about bike deposit would be awesome. So far I have called Calhoun and Freewheel bike shops and they require a full deposit of the retail cost of the bike. Which I think is just a little too much to ask.
    I work at a shop in AZ and we only require an extra 100 dollors or so to compensate for damages to the bike ie. derailluers, cranks, breaks etc. as insurance. If bike is totaled then we will then ask for purchase price.

Sorry so long and thanks in advance for all and any advice.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Did I catch a niner?
    Erik's Bike Shop has bike rentals, it's only at the Dinkytown location which is in Minneapolis.

I think Freewheel might give you more options, since Erik's only allows you to get a full suspension bike. I have never rented a bike ever nor have asked about there services from either.

Battle Creek is a great ride but get a map or you will miss a lot of trail connections and which way to go. We will all be down in Red Wing, MN at Memorial this Labor Day or else we'd take you there.

Murphy is a awesome ride and can be a long one if you so choose, can get technical.

Lebanon is a favorite amongst most in MN since it's MORC's baby.

MORC will give you trail guides and conditions for the day.

EDIT: Another place to try might be Behind Bars for rentals.

pink