highly visible

MSP area Mtn bike rentals?

Going to be in the twin cities for a few days at the beginning of August. Grew up in the area and have never mountain biked there, but this time (weather permitting) I'm finally going to hit some of the trails. Battle Creek or Afton Alps (since I grew up near there) and probably also Lebanon.

Soooo ... I'll be looking to rent a bike.

From 20 years ago I remember that Aarcee at 29th/Lyndale used to rent bikes (in fact, I think I once rented skis there too) but they have no website -- anyone used them and do they still exist? Calhoun Bike Rental is the only thing that comes up in the obvious Google search, but they don't appear to have mountain bikes.

Only other option I can find is Erik's Dinkytown -- their website says they rent "a variety of styles and sizes" and will rent a FS Mtb for $50/day. Anyone rented from Erik's? Are the rentals reasonable quality, and are they reasonable to deal with?
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

just ride
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBoy
    Going to be in the twin cities for a few days at the beginning of August. Grew up in the area and have never mountain biked there, but this time (weather permitting) I'm finally going to hit some of the trails. Battle Creek or Afton Alps (since I grew up near there) and probably also Lebanon.

Soooo ... I'll be looking to rent a bike.

From 20 years ago I remember that Aarcee at 29th/Lyndale used to rent bikes (in fact, I think I once rented skis there too) but they have no website -- anyone used them and do they still exist? Calhoun Bike Rental is the only thing that comes up in the obvious Google search, but they don't appear to have mountain bikes.

Only other option I can find is Erik's Dinkytown -- their website says they rent "a variety of styles and sizes" and will rent a FS Mtb for $50/day. Anyone rented from Erik's? Are the rentals reasonable quality, and are they reasonable to deal with?
    What size are you?

Drop me a line, tkrueger (AT) salsacycles (DOT) com. I would love to guide you around, and if you are the right size, even hook you up with a bike.
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    What size are you?

Drop me a line, tkrueger (AT) salsacycles (DOT) com. I would love to guide you around, and if you are the right size, even hook you up with a bike.
    Thanks for the awesome offer. Email sent. I'll be in town this weekend and again later in the week next week.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

highly visible
    Big thanks to chequamagon for the loaner bike, and for the fast-paced tour of Lebanon Hills. That's some great terrain there. Also got a chance to visit Afton Alps, different kind of riding but very nice to finally experience after having lived 3mi from the trailhead when I was in grade school.

Would have ridden more, but the only other days I had available to ride (Monday and Friday mornings last week) were wet. On Monday things were still soaked from the previous night's storm, so I did a 25-30 mile pavement loop in Minneapolis, and on Friday of course it rained all morning, so I just bailed on riding completely. It was still great to check out a couple of riding venues and also demo the sweet Big Mama.