mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Minooka Park Trails in Waukesha, WI

Anyone ride these new trails yet? I saw a section was supposed to open 6/1, but I keep choosing the trails I'm familiar with when I go riding. I'm curious to hear thoughts on how these trails are since they're only about 10 minutes from where I live.

Master Shredder
    I just rode it for the first time, partly to review it just for you and partly because I was curious lol. Here is my review:

Minooka Park Wisconsin Trail Reviews
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

Perpetual n00b
    Think about it this way. You are not paying $4 to ride the 1.5 miles of existing trail. You are paying $4 to get the other 5/10/15 miles of trail built.
    When the chicks at school see how gay we are, they're gonna be all over us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks for the review! As I understand it, the trails will be expanded in the months/years to come. I saw you mentioned a $4 fee. I think that's the vehicle fee for Waukesha County Parks and that it can be avoided if you don't drive in. I've run at Minooka for years and always park outside the park to avoid that fee and enter on foot. I'm thinking one could avoid that fee by entering on bike.

Oh, and if that $4 is truly going towards mountain bike trail building, I'd be fine to pay that or for the annual $28 pass, but I have my doubts.

Master Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Think about it this way. You are not paying $4 to ride the 1.5 miles of existing trail. You are paying $4 to get the other 5/10/15 miles of trail built.
    Didn't realize it was still under construction. Are they going to make any more technical parts?

Master Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyanne99 View Post
    Thanks for the review! As I understand it, the trails will be expanded in the months/years to come. I saw you mentioned a $4 fee. I think that's the vehicle fee for Waukesha County Parks and that it can be avoided if you don't drive in. I've run at Minooka for years and always park outside the park to avoid that fee and enter on foot. I'm thinking one could avoid that fee by entering on bike.
    Well definitely give it a try then, it's got a lot of potential

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I have a newspaper article about it saved as pdf, but it's too large to upload. It's from 4/27/13 and said 3.5 miles were opening 6/1 and that the final trail would be 5-6 miles. It says the initial 1.5 mile trail is considered a beginner's course on flat land at the south end of the park. They expected a 2nd loop of 2 miles would be completed by the 6/1 unveiling (perhaps not?) A 3rd loop will be worked on next year. I'll have to check it out!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Currently the only loop that is officially open is the 1.5 mile beginner loop. Hopefully, we will have the second (3.5 mile) loop open this year. My son and I have worked on these trails, and the potential is there for good set of trails. The $4.00 park entry fee goes to the entire park, not just the mtb areas. The park also has horse riding trails, a dog park, a beach with swimming area, and an archery area. For trail work and trail condition information check out Metro Mountain Bikers - Milwaukee Wisconsin.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed_Icculus View Post
    Currently the only loop that is officially open is the 1.5 mile beginner loop. Hopefully, we will have the second (3.5 mile) loop open this year. My son and I have worked on these trails, and the potential is there for good set of trails. The $4.00 park entry fee goes to the entire park, not just the mtb areas. The park also has horse riding trails, a dog park, a beach with swimming area, and an archery area. For trail work and trail condition information check out Metro Mountain Bikers - Milwaukee Wisconsin.
    Ronsta and the crew have done a great job with nothing. The County is really happy with how much traffic for the mtb trails has come there. The $4 is for the county, not the trails. The best way to help the trails, is to get out and help.
    Ray's Indoor Bike Park MKE.
    ------------------------------------------
    It's how I roll..