mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Minocqua for the 4th, what to ride?

I'll be up in Minocqua, WI for the 4th and am wondering what I should ride. I've seen some good reviews about Raven near Woodruff.. Is that the place to go?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Raven is fun but I have not been there in a while. There is a TTF area across the road from parking lot.

Our cabin is north of Tomahawk and my first choices are Washburn Lake, Underdown followed by one of Raven, Mud Lake, or Hansen Lake.

Washburn keeps getting better. I usually ride if from the small parking lot off Washburn Lake Rd., but more and more will ride it from the shelter that has been built by Perch Lake.

It looks like some building is going on in Tomahawk and a new shop has opened so I'll stop there soon.

Bike Now, Beer Later
    I rode the Raven Trail this last weekend. Great track! Love the stuff right on the edge of the lake. The skills stuff is a blast too. The trail was in really nice shape too. I only had an hour to explore around. I'm sure there is a lot I missed as it was only my second time there. Have fun!
    I am certainly uncertain, at least I'm pretty sure I am.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Minocqua for the 4th, what to ride?

I haven't had time to head to Raven, but will point out Bradley Park in Tomahawk has that ride next to water aspect. The owner of the new bike & paddle shop north of Tomahawk has been giving it some love.

Yesterday's ride at Washburn was as fun as any. The Perch Lake shelter is a little farther from our cabin but the ride flows best starting with the ridge trail inner loop to Perch Lake then ending your main loop that way. I ride the outer loop clockwise to get the most out of the berms and bridges.

The best way to consider the general area is Underdown for your big or epic ride with Raven, the scout camp, Washburn, Hansen and Bradley as smaller rides. Hansen Lake, Bradley and Raven are the most kid or beginner friendly but have stuff for all skills. Add Standing Rocks and 9 Mile if you want to consider places on the way. This general area is less driving from Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.