Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Minnesota Should Be Moved Out This Forum

2K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Sombrio69 
#1 ·
What's up with lumping Minnesota in with Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois in the "Midwest" forum? It's a fricking 20 hour drive to Columbus from Minneapolis. Minnesota should be placed with Iowa in the Great Plains section. They're both West of the Mississippi. Someone doesn't know his or her geography. Does anyone in Minnesota ever go mountain biking in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois or Ohio? I doubt it. Minnesota should at least be grouped in a forum with neighboring states (like Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota). Placing Minnesota in the so-called "Midwest" forum is a disservice to Minnesota riders and forum members, seeing as there is no geographic or cultural connection between a place like Ohio or Kentucky and Minnesota.

#27 ·
pursuiter said:
I live in IL, this state sucks soooo feaking bad we don't even deserve to be in a multi-state forum.
what part you in? we've got a few Gems that are honestly on a top national caliber, ive traveled the country.

Peoria area and Shawnee are top rank trails.

A drive from me in aurora, but hey, worth it.

and BTW, i hate the cold more than anyone, but i went fixed-gear MTN and it got me outside on the singletrack in this crap, fun times.

#28 ·
Hand/of/Midas said:
and BTW, i hate the cold more than anyone, but i went fixed-gear MTN and it got me outside on the singletrack in this crap, fun times.
oh come on, its not that bad. you jus gotta learn to accept it. plan accordingly, dress properly, and be active; that is the best way to deal / the cold and the snow. try taking up Snowboarding or Sking or XC-Sking. if you can learn to deal w/ it winter really is teh best seasion, IMO of course.

#29 ·
Sombrio69 said:
oh come on, its not that bad. you jus gotta learn to accept it. plan accordingly, dress properly, and be active; that is the best way to deal / the cold and the snow. try taking up Snowboarding or Sking or XC-Sking. if you can learn to deal w/ it winter really is teh best seasion, IMO of course.
ive gone snowboarding, driving 3 hours to pay $100 for one day, on a tiny hill in the midwest, thats gay. it was fun, but id do that maybe once every other year.

getting dressed for 15 min before going out side sucks.

i ride indoor parks all winter, trips to rays & krush keeps me going,and ill ride a trainer too,with now and then singletrack.

If we didnt have winter id consider staying here, but no mountains + cold winter blows. im moving someday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.