mtbr member

Milwaukee River Trail in jeopardy?

If any of you ride the trails along the Milwaukee River from North Ave. to Capital, you know how much fun they can be. Technical stuff right in the middle of the city, and better yet just blocks from my apartment!

Well there is news of a park being developed along the river. I'm a little worried this might affect the trails. I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything on this.

=========
    You might find an answer to that question at http://metromountainbikers.ning.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Are you talking about the area they cleared out on the west side of the river by the north ave. bridge?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The future of MTBing along the MKE river is most certainly not certain. The Milwaukee River Work Group is trying to come up with a management plan for both sides from the old North Ave Dam to Port Road and Metro Mountain Bikers has a seat at the table. Metro is working to protect and improve trail opps in the area and we need your help.Come to a meeting or join us online at www.metromountainbikers.ning.com

mtbr member
    I rode the both sides of the river this morning, and it was fun as usual. It would be great to see some improvements, but not too much...I love how rugged the trails feel. I always come home with busted shins. I'd be all for removing some of the down trees and some cleanup though.

And if it gets to that point, I'm definitely in for trail work.

Members who have read this thread: 0