mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Maple Grove Off Road?

Hi,

I will probably be working in Maple Grove for the months of May & June and am hoping to bring my bike but just wondering what the off-road is like around Maple grove? Is there some good tracks within cycling distance or would I need to rent a car?

Thanks,

Paul

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    morcmtb.org is the MN local forums for mountain biking. There might be some dirt to ride on at Elm Creek Park which is a not far from Maple Grove.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    You'll probably need a car. Check out Hillside Park in Elk River, best trail in the TC metro in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You'll be really close to Elm Creek Park Reserve. I have heard that there may be something in the works for some nice singletrack in the future there, but right now, it is mainly paved paths. As Vikingfan said, Hillside in Elk River is a really fun trail, and I think it's about a 20 minute drive from Maple Grove. You'll be in the North Metro in Maple Grove. If you're willing to drive about 30 minutes to the south metro area, you'll find lots of nice trails. My favorite is Lebanon Hills in Eagan. Check out morcmtb.org, or pm me if you want any details. I ride all the metro trails frequently.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The above posters are correct. I live in Maple Grove and ride fireroads/paved trails at Elm Creek and for good singletrack a close drive away I either head to Hillside in Elk River or Theo Wirth in Minneapolis.

Actual singletrack at Elm Creek is rumored to start construction as of 2010. Can't wait for that to happen.
    "you don't wanna know and I don't know!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I'm looking forward to checking out some of the trails mentioned and will probably end up renting a car for a few days so should be able to check them all out.

Checked that website morcmtb.org which seems good and also found http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html so between them they should keep me busy.

Paul

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by at_1_with_myself
    Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I'm looking forward to checking out some of the trails mentioned and will probably end up renting a car for a few days so should be able to check them all out.

Checked that website morcmtb.org which seems good and also found http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html so between them they should keep me busy.

Paul
    Paul,

If you have a car check out Lebanon Hills, Murphy Hanerhan, and Hillside. Theo Wirth in Minneapolis will probably still be closed due to regional trail construction. Post up on the MORC website and someone will show you around. Don't bother with the MN DNR site. No good State Park trails, yet. We are starting our first State Park construction this summer.

Elm Creek is looking more like a 2011 project.

mtbr member
    my roomate works at elm creek and he says it should be done 2010. cant wait

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jlesser
    my roomate works at elm creek and he says it should be done 2010. cant wait
    We hoped for 2010, but it will probably be 2011.