mtbr member

Madison WI Area Trails

Has anyone been riding the the trails around Mad town? i am coming home for thanksgiving break tomorrow and would like to get at least one ride in, specifically blue mounds, quarry park, and cam rock, i know Madison area received some snow today but how were the trails before that?

mtbr member
    Spazzy-
    I am also on break and will be visiting Madison tomorrow night and Wednesday. I have never been to Madison before and am looking for someone to show me some good singletrack. If you find out the conditions of the trails and you or anyone else that might read this is interested in showing me around hit me up. I have headlights too for any night riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quarry Ridge is good, I rode a few laps in the snow today.
    I heard the John Muir trails were nice on sun

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Dean
    Quarry Ridge is good, I rode a few laps in the snow today.
    I heard the John Muir trails were nice on sun

Three words ... Gun Deer Season

Most of the snow that fell has melted if there's direct sunlight, but be ready for slush. If you want to ride Blue Mounds, where there's hunting in specific areas of the park , you might want to call ahead to see if the trails are open. 608) 437-5711 As of this moment the trails are open.

http://www.madcitydirt.org/?page_id=3
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    yea i know its gun deer season but its kinda a yearly tradition in my family to go ride thanksgiving day morning since we stopped hunting deer, we just kit up in orange and give er hell

beautiful, nice to know the trails are open, i go to school in oshkosh and the snow we got earlier in the week was double what is here, its mostly melted here and we still have 3-4inches standing still when i left earlier today

as to black taco i might ride tomorrow at blue mounds, im out of shape though (well out of riding shape, im in beer drinking shape from college lol) so its just going to be a leasurly ride for me and maybe session some of the rock drops/features too,

and thanks for the linky about madcitydirt i am a member but just post here much much more often, and i find mtbr gets more traffic

anyway thanks everyone for the ride reports!

mtbr member

Quarry Ridge condition

I ended up finding and riding Quarry Ridge this afternoon into the dark. For anyone wondering the condition of the trails they are great and haven't iced up at all from the warm weather at all.