mtbr member

Madison bike rental

I will be in Madison July 13-16th for a conference and am looking to rent a bike to spin the legs out for about an hour or so on Tuesday and Wednesday evening. I just finished up 7 days of racing between 9 and 12k feet, so I want to take advantage of Madison's lack of altitude to get fully recovered. Any recommendations for a shop to hit up for a rental or if somebody just has a extra bike they don't mind renting to me for a couple of days would be great. I am not looking for anything special, just a functioning mtn. bike, cruiser, townie, etc. that I can hit the nearby bike paths with. I am staying at the Marriot in Middleton so the closer to here the better. Any recommendations on what paths to hit? Thanks for help

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't know if Middleton Cycle rents but they do have some used bikes and are close to the conservancy and path network. Yellow Jersey in Madison rents town bikes. Trek Store and Eriks shops rent demo bikes.

You are staying near a network of paved and unpaved paths in Middleton if that helps.