mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Levis Mound Update.

we finished the Lower Hermosa swamp bridge-not huge deal, but that opens a new section of trail. I built 3 ramps/skinnys/teeters and hope to install them on Lucys Loop (skills trail) this saturday during our (work day-free-open to the public!). We finished clearing and bench cutting all of it today and are ready to start installing the elements as we build them.

No longer 26
    Sounds great! Was there last week and rode the unfinished trail for what was there. Will be a welcome addition for sure. Hope to get up there again.

Any suggestions on how to ride the Glens/Porkys etc (NE sections) portion as a loop?

Thanks
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Good question-usually, when I ride Porky Point-I'll have gone up Levis on Cliffhanger or Toad Rd and then fly down Northface-then shot across the ski trail and start Porky Point (downhill direction) then jump right onto Upper Glen as a climb. When I get to the bottom, I usually will head in on Lower Glen. It all depends where I had ridden to first though. Thanks!

No longer 26
    Thanks, I am usually doing the IMBA ride first. LG, Yellow Jacket, (I forget the name of the far west portion)Sidewinder, Hermosas, Toad Road, Cliffhanger, Switchback to Toad then Select Cut to Snod and back to the shack. Was not sure if there was a cut off that I was missing some place that could get me to Porky etc without heading back up top to Northface.
    G

edit: looks like maybe I could cut left from Snod onto Dump and then get to where NF meets Porky?
    TA'
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yep-if you're riding north on Snodgrass, take a left turn and go to "the dump" and the connector trail that goes up to Northface-then rt on NF for a bit and across to Porky.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Weather permiting may consider going there day trip, or overnight camp friday next week. Doing it by myself but I could get lost. Are the trails well marked?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoy_d
    Weather permiting may consider going there day trip, or overnight camp friday next week. Doing it by myself but I could get lost. Are the trails well marked?
    Funny this thread should come up, because I was just thinking of heading up there one of these days this week. I've never been there and would be riding solo, so ditto to what nonoy_d asks. What would be a recommended route? (I want some non-techy, fast swoopy downhill parts, I'm sick of doing slower technical stuff)
    __ o
    _< \_
    (_)>(_) .

mtbr member

Smile trow

If you want a non-tech route that flows well.
    Try Select Cut , dead turkey, then swamp cut. That will lead you to the beginning of YellowJacket. At that point there it branches out into a few tails. You can take Flatlander ( trow trail ) to part of the Hermosa which has some climbing but nothing to techy.
    Or ride Yellow Jacket all the way where it meets Upper hermosa and take that down.

I was there last weekend and the trails were in great shape!
    rideyourbicycle.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Try riding Levis-Trow this way. Park off of 95. Start on Select Cut to Toad Road to Switchback to Cliffhanger to Northface(and all view routes out and back) to Porky's Point to Upper Glen to Lower Glen to Swamp Cut to Yellowjacket to Goat Dance(must do) back to Buck's Hill to Mound Builder to Sidewinder(must absolutely do'er) to Upper, Middle, Lower Hermosa to Swamp Cut to Lower Glen to Dump to Snodgrass and back to park. Aaahhh that is a nice ride and throw in some more reverse loops and have an all day'r.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    nonoy_d, aKore-
    Drop me a PM or email when you come up and maybe I can meet you guys to ride-will be around all this next week until Fri-WOuld like to show ya around.

Steve