mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Levis Mound Skills Loop-Lucys Loop Update

Just got in from Levis finishing another Skills loop element-"Super Skinny" It's a 24' long section 7" wide with a 8" drop/step down in the middle. About12-16" off the ground. Also modified the first teeter, so it would ride better-that's 12" X 12' with a 12' lead up ramp.

Next on the list will be installing the second teeter, and 2 more skinnys- a 10" wide X 30' three step oak one and a single 12" X 14' oak plank. Hopefully I can get the rock step ups done this week also. It's starting to take shape!

-steve

mtbr member
    sounds awesome!

as a local rider looking to ride Levis Mound trails for the first time, do you have any updated pictures of any of the trails? I know there are quite a bit of trails, but any 'highlight' reels of them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What do you mean as "local?" I have a ton of photos, but it would take me a while to upload them to a web, then link them. If I get a chance, I'll try.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Here are some pictures from Lucys loop as we're building them. They are now painted also, just to protect the wood. Six of the elements are now completed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    nice! you said six are done how many more are being added?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, the trail/course is on a small mound, so I'm trying to take advantage of that. Right now we have in place:
    1. A ramp to Teeter near the start.
    2. A 36' wood climbing ramp up the hill side.
    3. A 90degree wood climbing turn-slightly banked to finish the climb.
    4. A super skinny, 2 X 12' sections, 7" wide with drop down step.
    5. A 180 wood banked corner ramp, dropping down a level on the side hill.
    6. A 12' ramp, with bail out split off ramp, leading to a 30' red pine log skinny.
    Those are done as of today.
    *We are ready to add 2 more teeters, with onto/off ramps.
    *another 24' skinny, this one oak and 10" wide
    * a 12" X 14' oak skinny
    * Log hops
    * Downhill pumps and or ramps
    * breaker rock section
    * vertical log skinny (riding the ends of firewood size logs 1/2 buried.
    Those are the next elements to go in this next 2 weeks or so.

mtbr member
    Steve, this is really good work! Looking forward to riding and kicking back a brew with you at GnomeFest this year.
    www.gnome-fest.net.

mtbr member
    This just in....Gnome Fest 6 Pre-Registration has been extended until September 2nd! After receiveing this photo, it would be completely unjust not recognize such dedication. So click link below and register you and all your friends for Gnome-Fest 6. Btw, the socks this year just might be tall enough to cover up such fine work should the wearer ever decide to.....just sayin'. Rates go up after the 2nd and you may not be able to get any socks, so register today!

REGISTER TODAY @ http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1744320&assetId=DA20D645-EB3C-435A-9C4F-AA2E121BF5C1

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Which trail are these on or close to? I'd love to give them a run but couldn't find the Lucy Loop on the map.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Lucys loop

Quote Originally Posted by GT Fatty
    Which trail are these on or close to? I'd love to give them a run but couldn't find the Lucy Loop on the map.
    Lucys loop starts at the intersection of Lower Glen and the dump. It won't be on a map yet, because it is still being added to. LL will actually take over the first part of Lower Glen and LG will be re-routed just east of it by this weekend.

Teen Wolf
    rode them on saturday, had a blast. the skills area was fun. thanks for all the hard work!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    SWEET! I'm going there in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

There is NO Punk Bible!
    Sweet!
    I am going to be up there Sept 12-13.
    But, I sadly do not have the skills to enjoy Lucy Loop, but I am betting my brothers friend and maybe my bro' will attempt/succeed on it. Look for a couple of office jockey yuppies that are decent riders, that'll be them!
    To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American Public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Witty McWitterson
    Can't wait for this weekend! Lucy's looks like it'll be a fun little challenge. Old Oi, look for the Singular demo bikes, that'll be me and my family.
    Just a regular guy.

There is NO Punk Bible!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Can't wait for this weekend! Lucy's looks like it'll be a fun little challenge. Old Oi, look for the Singular demo bikes, that'll be me and my family.
    If I am on Lucy's Loop, most likely I will be there to take pictures. I am too clutzy to handle a see-saw and other fun things!
    I'll be on a 2002Specialized S-Works FSR xc, red and white. Punk band stickers on my helmet and bike (Misfitis, Circle Jerks{see my Avatar} GBH,etc.) I should be on the trails by 12 noon Saturday, and be there until exhausted (3-4 hours, approx.). Rest and eat, and ride a bit more. Sunday around 10 a.m. - 2p.m.
    Hope to see some MtBR members up there.
    Last edited by Old Oi Punk; 09-11-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American Public." - Theodore Roosevelt