Ride More, Whine Less

Lebanon Hills -- wonderful experience

I took my 13 year old there this past weekend. After our first lap around the easy course, he says to me, "Why don't we have one of these in Rochester?" That is exactly the question I have been asking for years.

We went on to ride 13 miles with three laps on the easy course and one lap of the blue more difficult course. He ate it up!

mtbr member
    Sweet. Thanks for the tip. I just picked up a Surly Moonlander and my son and I are looking for more adventures than just the corn field across the street :-)

Ride More, Whine Less
    The easy loop has a lot of nice features to make it fun for all. You'll see a lot of families and kids out there. Even when the white stuff starts to settle in, the fat bike will still shine. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Black n double black r very fun as well

Ride More, Whine Less
    I've done some of the black stuff, but they are not for a learning MTBer. The rock gardens on the blue trail was enough to keep things interesting for him. He's itching to go back and that is great.

mtbr member
    Yeah Lebanon Hills turned out to be great fun! I visited last saturday with my new Moonlander and had a blast. Kudos too all the people who have worked so hard to make such a great trail. Can't wait to go back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I am happy you enjoyed the trails. It has been great to see a lot more families out there.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

mtbr member
    Lebanon Hills is awesome! Wish it was not raining this weekend.
    Moonlander's
    Sandman Hogger Ti

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I live 1.7 miles from the TH and can't believe it took me 2 years to try this trail...wow, what a great trail!

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by jason12vb View Post
    I live 1.7 miles from the TH and can't believe it took me 2 years to try this trail...wow, what a great trail!
    You should be ashamed! I have to drive 70 minutes to get there, but it is well worth the effort.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    To be fair I'd never even tried mountain biking at the time...now I get out there twice a week if possible.

Is there anything down in Roch? I lived there for 4 years and haven't ever even heard of a trail there.

Ride More, Whine Less
    We have one real trail at this point--Eastwood

Mountain Biking | Rochester Active Sports Club

It really isn't a bad trail, but it doesn't have the flow (or pure fun) of Lebanon Hills. It tends to be more of a cardiac killer in places, but it is heavily used. We have permission to build a new course on Gamehaven reservation and some of the surrounding city lands.
    Groups agree to mountain bike trails at Gamehaven - PostBulletin.com: Local: groups agree to mountain bike trails at gamehaven,

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I haven't ridden these trails for 15 years but glad to hear they are still a great place to ride.