mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Labor Day Suggestions?

Just looking for some good technical riding in Wisconsin or Minnesota for the weekend. My girlfriend and I are kind of new to the Milwaukee area and we're looking to ride some all mountain style trails. Driving within 5 hours is what we are looking for so if anyone can give us some guidance on where some 6" full suspension bikes would fit well please post them up. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SKPhoto816 View Post
    Just looking for some good technical riding in Wisconsin or Minnesota for the weekend. My girlfriend and I are kind of new to the Milwaukee area and we're looking to ride some all mountain style trails. Driving within 5 hours is what we are looking for so if anyone can give us some guidance on where some 6" full suspension bikes would fit well please post them up. Thanks.
    Milwaukee to Marquette would probably be 5ish hours. Do that and tell your girlfrind that you rode Your Mom and Your Sister.

Underdown is longer and full of bumps with Washburn Lake close by a lot of fun.

Closer to home would be Blue Mound and Blackhawk. Blackhawk's small, requires $20 membership ahead of time, but has flow trail and gaps. Those are two you can day trip or you can camp at Blue Mound. Check madcitydirt.com for latest maps.

I ride an "all mountain" type bike and enjoy those places.

Nuts
    Levis Mounds by Neilsville isn't to far for ya and well worth the trip.
    And I love beer!!

Nuts
    LevisMtn.bike.html

Or Nicolet Roche by Langlade, stay at the Bear Paw resort and get some rafting or kayaking in as well.
    Last edited by bdundee; 08-27-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    And I love beer!!

I need skills
    Jul 2004

2nd the Roche

Nicolet Roche is 3 hours from Milwaukee. You will not be disappointed. I see Enduro SLs and Reigns on the trail.

Maps at www.facebook.com/ridetheroche

Charlie
    Last edited by cjohnson; 08-26-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: info

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Wow, those all look pretty good. May have to start making more weekend trips to explore all these locations. Thanks for the recommendations!

Sean

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Roche video

there a few videos out there of the Roche. It is an XC trail with optional features.
    Roche sample Video - Pinkbike