=========

Kettle Moraine Mini Gathering - SE/WI (May 17th, 2009)

Kettle Moraine Mini Gathering - SE/WI
    To celebrate the rights of spring, I propose an old fashioned MTBr (mini) Gathering at Johnny Muir.

Sunday, May 17th - 9 am

Group Ride Followed by a Cookout at the shelter.

BYOB and something to throw on the grill for yourself and a dish to share, pot luck style. We'll bring a bag of charcoal to throw into the nice big grill that is there at the pavillion.

[SIZE="2"]yes, this is the same event that was gonna be held at PETs, but because Kenosha County requires $100 in permits, we decided to move it to Kettle. Kettle requires a trail pass and a parking sticker, but we figured most everybody would buy one of those eventually anywayz.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I've been itching to get back out there so badly. No trainer for the winter. Cabin fever sucks!

mtbr member
    i've been itching FROM riding out there ...be nice to try it without snow/ice...should i keep the studs on ???

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by mofxr
    i've been itching FROM riding out there ...be nice to try it without snow/ice...should i keep the studs on ???
    Chopper?

mtbr member
    rite onn !!! chopper it is....

mtbr member
    Oh damn, I assumed they had the trails closed down. You can ride out there now?!!!

mtbr member
    only on a copper, sunny !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mofxr; 03-01-2009 at 09:35 AM.

lookin' for a hill
    sounds like a good time. if I have off that day, I will try to join in .

mtbr member
    Depending on weather conditions , rain, wind, temps. They usually open around April 15 give or take a few days. A couple years ago the trail hotline said on the morning of the 15th that they would be open. I got up there around 1:00 and it started snowing like HELL , a heavy wet snow came out of nowhere. opening was delayed another day or 2. Once the trails do open it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and winter is GONE. The cookout sounds fun, cold suds also?
    You will be scarred for life if you click my avatar

mtbr member
    The hotline says that they're closed due to 'winter thaw' conditions. I've heard that the DNR will give out some pretty pricy tickets if you're on the trails when they're not open. Here's the hotline number - 262.594.6202 and let's hope for the best.

=========
    This is next Sunday

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm in. I'll be on gears though since my SS wheels are being reincarnated. Am I going to get spanked as a result? (please let the answer be yes)

mtbr member
    Sounds like FUN! Let's ride!

mtbr member
    sweet i was just thinking bout this ride today ...thought i missed it . think i remember talking trash bout riding the chopper .....better get it working. hope i don't have to work

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I just rode John Muir and Emma last tuesday. The trails were open and the whole 28 mile ride was awesome. I barely made it back before sunset. The trail was in perfect condition. The connector trail was closed due to log harvesting so watch out for that. When I did it, it was kinda late so no logging was going on. I'm from out of town so I didn't know better. We don't have much logging going on in Oklahoma City. Have fun on the 17th. I'll be back home by then.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

John and Emma ride pics

Here's a couple of pics from my ride last week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

=========
    This (mini) gathering will be pretty free-form. Bethany and I will probably do a blue loop with some bonus connector sections at a moderate (slow) pace..... then return to the Muir pavilion to get the coals started for lunch. You should all feel free to 'get your ride on' just how you like it. So everyone comes back with big smiles on their faces.

The loose schedule will look something like this.........
    Nine-ish ~ Go Ride & Smile
    Around noon ~ Grill & Chill ~ share some food (maybe a cold beer or soda) or just stop by and say howdy.

Bethany and I are bring'n a package of swiss portabela brats, a big bag of chips and a mini keg of swarzen bier to share for after thee ride. We're also bringing a 20lb. bag of kingsford to fire up the grill.

Semper (Casual) Fortuitous

g

=========
    Wuzz in da box?

guess what's in the box?

Ballstein Models
    Somebody's liver? But I hope it isn't:

Hulu Vid
    Last edited by hogprint; 05-12-2009 at 08:07 PM.

=========
    Beer in a box (cooler)
    5 liters of bavarian black lager could put a dent into any healthy liver.

=========
    trails are open and the ride is on.....bring a sweater cuz its gonna be chilly

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Great day. All thanks to Gomez for putting this together. He brought the interplanetary, spank it till you puke funk!

Ernesto even showed everyone how to roll it retro as well as the proper way to reinsert a kidney stone.

=========
    Kettle Mini Gathering 5-17-09 005
    The (mini) gathering went off without a hitch. I'm guessing about 20 of us hit the trails and then came back to the shelter for sausage and cake. It turned out to be a beautiful day.

My only question is who's going to throw together the next one and where?

g

Ballstein Models
    Maybe we should do one in June at Cam-Rock. Maybe the 14th or 21st. Let me bounce it around the CORP board.
    Last edited by hogprint; 05-18-2009 at 09:20 AM.