mtbr member

Kettle Moraine fun!

I had a very good time on the John Muir trail Friday. Thanks for the tips here, guys! I hope to make it back sometime very soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL

CHOP!

Reroute Section

Reroute Section

Reroute Section

Logging

The Bench
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

mtbr member
    thanks for adding some more pics. where is the bench located on the trails? i don't remember it.
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    The bench is right where the "to and from" connector trails are

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffwilsonn
    The bench is right where the "to and from" connector trails are
    On the Northern (Emma Carlin) end.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    On the Northern (Emma Carlin) end.
    ah, no wonder why i didn't recognize it. i didn't go the connector route or make it over to emma. maybe my next trip up there. thanks!
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    I got out there friday. Took a break at the "bench", I always forget how fun the whole loop is. Feels so "epic" I guess. haha

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    so how well does Kettle dry up? I'd like to go and ride it this Thursday if it doesn't rain anymore.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

CHOP!
    KETTLE MORAINE TRAIL INFORMATION LINE - 262-594-6202

Put that in your speed dial...

Kettle dries really well for the most part. I would expect it to be open again later this week.

The trail crew does an unbelievable job maintaining the trails.

They're a motley crew of heaven sent dirt pushers and we all have them to thank.
    Last edited by MartinsMental; 04-27-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

=========
    I hate to be the messenger of bad news, but......the rain came down all last night up here and there's rain in Thursday's forecast. There's a lot of flooding and ponding all over. I see standing water in places I haven't seen water in years.

Call the hot-line and see what they say........the recording is usually updated around 8 am.
    They're fairly liberal with opening things up, since the new bypass of the Northern section of Muir was constructed last year. You all have to hit that new orange trail-work some time this season, cuz it's real nice.

g

newb
    Dec 2008
    I gotta get out there. Im laid off and this weather is really startin to get on the nerves. Im within 15 min of Petz and 45 of Kettle and I have been stuck with street and bike trail ridin it sucks. But I have no friends that ride Im a lone ranger really. Drop me a pm if you need someone to ride Im gettin sick of sittin on the couch gainin the lbs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm gonna try and ride it this saturday. I'm heading to Madison friday and meet a guy from GT so, if the weather holds I'll be out at Kettle "MoreRain" on Saturday and probably another trail on sunday Let me know if you're in on that. See ya. Where is Petz? I'm not from Wisconsin (just visiting) so excuse the question. Heck I almost thought about going to Ohio and hit the indoor park for the whole weekend but it was too far for me.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

newb
    Dec 2008
    Petz is in Kenosha . Its Petrified Springs Park us locals call it Petz for short. I dont know about any riding this weekend with all the rain we have been getting the last week. I cant imagine anything will be dry. Im not in a hurry to go make a bunch of ruts in trails and mess them up for the year.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Of course not. I work on the trails back home and I hate it when I see wheel ruts all over the trail. I will only go ride this weekend if the Kettle info line says it is ok to ride. They are predicting it will be open by then, but to keep checking to make sure. I just called it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It's possible that Kettle Moraine may dry up enough to ride this weekend (Sunday more likely than Saturday) but Petrifying Springs is going to be way too muddy. Earlier this week portions of the trails in Pets were under several feet of water and may be flooding again today.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Opening up the trails at noon today! I will be riding tomorrow morning then!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I am in PA right now. I can not wait until exams are over this week so I can get back to WI and get out on those trails. My fingers are crossed that they are dry by next weekend.
    If it seems like a bad idea. It will make a good story.

NO,i dont proof read my poste

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'll be out on Sunday at the Kettle... Looks like the weather's gonna hold and so is my patched mini sidewall rip. Thank you Loctite waterproof adhesive.... and bike patches. We'll see how it holds out on the trail. I'm too cheap to buy a tire when I have a couple waiting for me at home in Oklahoma. Times are tough man....

lookin' for a hill
    any confirmations of trail conditions today? planning on making the trip up tomorrow to open the season with my just completed 29er build. time to break her in!
    anyone else gonna be there tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I rode the Blue and Green today. They are perfect. Go and ride.

JWA
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ran the green trail today and as gt jorgito said, it was perfect. No water or mud, even in the low spots. That place really does dry out quickly. Good to know.

=========
    that's Y

Blue Loop ~ Tuesday Eve.

mtbr member
    daaauuude i know dat spot

mtbr member
    nifty shot, Gomez.

=========
    Rode Muir and the connector last night and conditions out at Kettle are just about as good as it gets. Trails are dry...temps are cool....and the bugs seem to be not that bad. We're thinking about heading back out tomorrow evening.

g