mtbr member

Just Moved to Madison

Hey all, I just moved here and i am looking for some people to ride with, skill level does not matter, i just like to go ride trails and have fun. I cant wait for the summer to be here so i can ride! So let me know if you live around madison area and would like a new mountain biking friend!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Welcome! If you havent already, check out Home Page - madcitydirt.com This is the place for what's going on in and around Madtown.

mtbr member
    Yes i have checked it out, do i need to become a supporter to attend events and whatnot?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You mean a financial supporter? No. Money certainly helps the club and local trails, but it's not required at all. You can join the forum for free. If you want to get envolved there are plenty of oppertunities to help physically and/or financially, but anyone is welcome to attend the group rides, events, trail building days and so on.

mtbr member
    Alright cool man! Do you normally go to that kind of stuff for them?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryandurep View Post
    Alright cool man! Do you normally go to that kind of stuff for them?
    It's a very welcoming group and if you want to make riding buddies it's a perfect place to start. Once the season gets rolling there will be weekly group rides at Cam Rock (20 minutes east of Madison) that accommodate every skill level; last year it was Monday evenings.

Right now it's spring trail work season, showing up for a work day will make a great first impression Tools are provided (and often food too), all you need to provide for yourself are a pair of work gloves.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This season you can expect rides and meet ups Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays on occasion.

The Cam Rock Monday rides start next week. Official Middleton time is between the school years but people gather before and after that. The decades of Wed. time trials at Blackhawk are being replaced by Wednesday as a general community day (ride, eat, walk the dog, jam some tunes). There will be ride meetups called for Quarry Ridge and Blue Mound some Thursdays.

For weekends there will be repeat of the "BBB" rides and a festival type weekend. The madcitydirt.org (.com) site for details.

There's more opportunity for fun and riding opportunities than people probably realize. Paid membership isn't mandatory but that and giving time are what make it all happen.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'll be moving to Madison in a month as well. Hope to get out and do plenty of riding! Thanks for the link, always participated in various groups and things while here in IA. Any smaller trails in and around the city?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    There is a small trail system on the south side of town and another in neighboring Middleton (check out madcitydirt, it has the details). Otherwise, not really besides a few technically off-limits trails in parks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    First Monday Night Ride of the year last night at CamRock. It was a great night to be out on the trails!

mtbr member
    I was there! I showed up about 545 and waited until about 605 610 and took off. Where did you guys meet up? I went to the spot that was on corps website?

mtbr member
    The Monday night Cam-Rock rides meet at Cam-Rock Sport in Cambridge.

mtbr member
    Oh ok, I didn't see any of that info anywhere, I know for next time though! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I am pretty new to the area as well. Looks like Camrock will be my ride one week then Blue Mounds the next if they keep the Monday and Thursday respectively.
    29" Trail Assault.

viva la v-brakes!
    Assuming it dries out enough, I believe the start time for the group ride this Monday is 6pm. Might be 5:30 though.... better give CamRock Sport a call to find out.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    Welcome to Madtown! Monday night rides at Camrock Sport (and post-ride brews) are perfect way to meet club members and get in on the scene.
    Veni Vidi Biki

I came, I saw, I biked.

mtbr member
    Yeah, Thanks man! i tried to show up last time but didnt know everyone met at the cafe, ill be there on the next one though for sure!! see you there!