cdkrenz

Indoor Mountain Bike Park in Stevens Point

I'm gathering information in order to determine if there is enough demand in Central Wisconsin to support an indoor mountain biking park. I would greatly appreciate you assisting me with my research. Go to the link below to complete the survey.

http://spindoormtnbikepark.questionf...t%2C-Wisconsin

Thanks for the time.

CK

Pick a wheel size...
    I've been to Ray's MTB twice in the last 2 years. Each trip ran me over $500 with lodging, fuel, park pass, food, and drink for the 3 days I was in Cleveland. Over an 8 hour drive. The last trip, our club QCFORC (Quad Cities Friends of Off Road Cycling - www.qcforc.org) had 31 riders, men and women alike, make the trip from Davenport, IA all the way to Cleveland for Dirt Rag's Women's weekend. It was a blast!

If there was an indoor park closer than 8 hours away, I am quite confident we would frequently visit.

The crazy thing about Ray's MTB is it is relatively unknown by the locals. I swear, everywhere I went in Cleveland I was asked what I was doing there and when I said 31 people drove over 8 hours to go to Ray's MTB I got a blank stare and "where's that at?" Crazy.

Good luck and keep us posted at qcforc.org/forums!

cdkrenz
    Thanks for the response brother! I also took a look at the qcforc.org/forums and noticed you placed a post there too. I really appreciate the support and hope the word spreads fast.

Later

CK

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Point is only an hour further from mpls than it is from milwaukee, might pay to point something up on www.morcmtb.org.

=========
    You could offer a combination Granite Peak lift ticket and Bike Park Pass for fun winter weekends.

Witty McWitterson
    Done and passed on via FB.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'll post up here too...

www.mfcmtb.com

weRd
    Buck

mtbr member
    I would definitely ride most weekends, as point is only an hour away.

cdkrenz
    Hey All, Thanks for all the support. Keep spreading the word on this thing. The more buzz there is, the better chance there is that this will happen.

CK

JWA
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm down in Racine and my friends and I would love a closer option than Ray's. I just filled out your form. Good luck with it, and be sure to keep us all informed.

mtbr member
    Any updates?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    If you could incorporate BMX into the park that would be awesome. I like MTB but BMX is my passion. I have a ton a friends that would rather drive an hour from Appleton to Point than 2 hours to Milwaukee to dodge skaters all night. This would be sweet though.
    29" Trail Assault.

viva la v-brakes!
    I think you might have better luck closer to a major metro are, Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, or perhaps a place that is already a vacation destination like the Dells.

That's a 2 hour drive from Madison. I might make the trip once or twice a winter (Dec-March when the trails aren't rideable) on the weekends.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMan473
    I think you might have better luck closer to a major metro are, Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, or perhaps a place that is already a vacation destination like the Dells.

That's a 2 hour drive from Madison. I might make the trip once or twice a winter (Dec-March when the trails aren't rideable) on the weekends.

Milwaukee would be a great spot because you'd get a lot of traffic from Chicago obviously. Of course, I live in Milwaukee, so I'm a little bias. But if there was an indoor park in the Milwaukee area I'd be there all winter long.

mtbr member
    Milwaukee would make the most sense, it would be easy for everyone to get to (think of how many people travel to Rays in the winter) You would have an airport as well as a major train station for people to get into town on. You also have a lot of great hotels, restaurants, bars (You can't go wrong w/ Water St.) and brewery's ($5 tours at Lake Front can't be beat). On top of all that Milwaukee is probably the best place to find a big warehouse type building like Rays.
    1ST RATE Earnest Borgnine-Ethel Merman erotic nudes!óDANGó Ethel was WAY hairier

Roc
    mtbr member
    Indoor MTB park. Hell yes!!!!!!!! Winter are long here in Oshkosh. Great Idea. Build it and I will come.

mtbr member
    Amazing idea, i would be there almost every day, seeing i live in point. Where were you thinking of building?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice post... interesting !