Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

If You Live Near WI MTB Trails, Please Post Conditions

It is in the 70s and we want to ride our mountain bikes! Rather than drive to every trail head or call the parks only to get answering machines, let me get some help from those of you who live near the good trails. I know the north still has snow in the woods, but how about Jon Muir, Levis, Greenbush, Reforestation, etc? Keep us informed, thank you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Greenbush - CLOSED

Bike Now, Beer Later
    Human Powered Trails-La Crosse.................Closed. Hoping this week and next do the trick to dry things out.
    I am certainly uncertain, at least I'm pretty sure I am.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks guys, keep us informed if things change this weekend. I know some areas may need a couple weeks of warm dry weather yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The reforestation camp just north of green bay still has their biking trails closed right now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I biked out by Mauthe Lake a little bit yesterday. just not the same : P

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Wausau, Nine Mile is closed. Still some frozen layers of ice on the XC ski trails in shaded areas. Until that is gone and dried up they likely won't open. Two years ago they opened early in April because of dry conditions.....hoping for the same this year.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Great time to give back a little

For example:
    SouthernKettles.Org

I am anxious to get out and ride. It is a perfect time to meet others who love mountain biking, talk trails, and give a little sweetness back the trails.

Dig around, you'll find a group. Up North, it may be near May 1, but they need volunteers too.

thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    CamRock Trails, in the beautiful metropolis of Rockdale Wisconsin, are OPEN!

Yes boys. Road season is over! It is time to get wheels on dirt. Yee Haaaa!!! ;D

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I hope to ride some at Bairds Creek on Saturday or Sunday so I'll let you know how it is there. I have a message out to the Brown County Park Management's facbook page to see when they plan to open the Reforestation Camp's trails. Just got my bike tuned up and am anxious to ride!

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMayor1 View Post
    CamRock Trails, in the beautiful metropolis of Rockdale Wisconsin, are OPEN!

Yes boys. Road season is over! It is time to get wheels on dirt. Yee Haaaa!!! ;D
    Road season is NEVER closed! Say hello to Heather when you stop in after your ride for a beer and a burger!
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Greenbush - Closed

I checked Greenbush last night. The trails are closed and rightly so as the top layer of soil is still soft and spongey. It's going to be a while. Although it's been warm it's also been very humid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Levis closed.
    Lowes Creek closed.
    Northwest Park (North side of Eau Claire) - almost ready.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Greenbush Micro-Climate in Effect

Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST View Post
    I checked Greenbush last night. The trails are closed and rightly so as the top layer of soil is still soft and spongey. It's going to be a while. Although it's been warm it's also been very humid.
    Greenbush seems to have its own weather patterns. I'm sure there's still a fair bit of snow hiding in there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Greenbush seems to have its own weather patterns. I'm sure there's still a fair bit of snow hiding in there.
    Correct. I was going to explain that but didn't want to go into all the detail. Long story short Greenbush holds alot of moisture like a rain forest. Even in the middle of summer the rocks always are sweating.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the updates guys, very helpful. Keep 'em comin! Bairds Creek is pretty muddy in the low spots and on the north facing hills. The higher ground and south facing hills are dry and the ground is pretty solid.

Braaaapp!
    Any news on Evergreen Park in Sheboygan? Heading there for work next week, was planning to toss the bike in.
    "It was like a German, techno-weird, acid trip." - The Hoff -

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Road some of Baird today, confirming that the lower trails are pretty wet still. Upper trails are really decent though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Northwest Park in Eau Claire is open as of today. Super good shape. Lowes Creek is still closed for a while yet.

Don't know where NWP is, see CORBA: Chippewa Off Road Bike Association

Lord Thunderbottom
    Quote Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
    Any news on Evergreen Park in Sheboygan? Heading there for work next week, was planning to toss the bike in.
    I walked most of the trail sat with the fam, mud in the usual spots (after the log jump and between the pines on the southern trail)

I didn't walk the area near the creek crossing or the quarry side but I was pretty impressed with how dry it was and saw quite a few guys unloading bikes in the lot on sunday afternoon

be cautious of down trees, there's a few down since winter, I moved a few logs onto the trail ahead of the ones that were around a corner or down a steep hill just to make sure people were looking far enough ahead, the city or the Jacees will need to bring a chainsaw out soon

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Light rain today; gonna set us all back an extra week.

Lord Thunderbottom
    reforestation camp in green bay opens this weekend

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanx Titan . We will be there !

Lord Thunderbottom
    as of this morning greenbush is open

Kettle Moraine North Conditions - Wisconsin DNR

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Last two posts from the Brown County Park Management facebook group:

"GREAT NEWS!!!! The mountain bike & horse trails at the Reforestation Camp will open Saturday, March 24th. Horse trails at Neshota Park and the Fox River Trail will also open on Saturday, March 24th. ENJOY - we know you’ve been waiting! Thanks for your patience!"

"Attention Reforestation Camp mountain bike trail users. Please be aware that the mountain bike trails are reverse flow this season. If you have any questions please give us a call at (920) 448-6242. Thanks much! Hope to see you all Saturday!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast